Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonder how much student loan debt this guy has?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder how much student loan debt this guy has?

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-08-06/adam-litwin-fake-doctor-becomes-md

rather sad his med school accepted him in the first place. Certainly the strangest story I’ve read today.

Seriously wth? How on earth did he masquerade for so long, like you don't know your own residents? Insanity.

I dont expect much from UCLA of course, but I'd still guess they were smarter than this...oh well, happy to be wrong here.

Comment

cant believe there wasnt just a blanket, nope you cant be a doctor ever, placed on this guy......absolutely nuts.

I dont expect much from UCLA of course

never ever. ✌️✌️✌️

Comment

Crazy stuff. Thanks for sharing.

IF he gets into a residency...I can imagine his file would be a huge PITA for C&P when finally applying for jobs....

Comment

Joke is on us when he defaults on his US government backed student loans and we all pick up the tab.

This garbage school should not be allowed to issue US federal student loans.

Obviously this clown was never going to match, yet they admitted him and took his money.

Comment

This guy is Catch Me If You Can meets One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.  Somehow I think he'll be on the other end of my "peer to peer" conversation with insurers in the near future.

Comment

I read this story earlier and almost posted it. I like it that he said he learned from his mistakes but years later was pretending to be a cardiologist and lied to his wife about it. Dude is pathological and I swear if he gets into a psych residency . . . This is so beyond messed up.

Comment

I read the story earlier today, also.  I don't believe that school is accredited.  If so, it would make some sense of why

1. It's cheaper than most.

2. They would accept him.

If not accredited, I don't believe his loans would be issued/guaranteed by the US government.

Comment

Somehow I think he’ll be on the other end of my “peer to peer” conversation with insurers in the near future.

Can physicians do peer-to-peer conversations without residency training? Seems like they wouldn't be a peer to a fully licensed physician. Just wondering.

Comment

Truly lmao at Harvard professor saying the thing most preventing dude from matching is the fact he went to foreign med school.

Not it couldn't be the fact be lied about being a doctor, falsely treated patients and then lied about it, that he lied to other peolle about being a physician, even recently, or that he forged documentation about his behavior. It couldn't be any of that.

How does the surgery program director not know there is a dude running around the hospital for months claiming to be a resident? None of the other residents would have approached the PD and been like "oh hey I see we got a new resident."

It's also hilarious he claims he rounded for months and never touched a patient or rendered medical care. Okie doke I'm sure

Might be the first time I've read of a state medical board doing the appropriate action.

Comment

Three huge strikes against him. Doubt he ever matches.
                      Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

I read this story earlier and almost posted it. I like it that he said he learned from his mistakes but years later was pretending to be a cardiologist and lied to his wife about it. Dude is pathological and I swear if he gets into a psych residency . . . This is so beyond messed up.

That was exactly what I picked up on. It's written almost like a redemption story and then there's this off-hand note about how he lied to his wife about being a cardiologist.

Also kind of a minor point that is kind of inside Chicago medicine baseball but there are some odd things about that photo. Suffice to say it was very likely not authorized by Cook County Hospital.

The fact that he allowed this story to be written also shows unbelievably poor judgement as it details exactly what he did when he impersonated a doc. Scene: he somehow manages to get a residency interview, PD gets a weird vibe, turns to his computer and googles "Adam Litwin MD."

I know there are some actual psychiatrists on here but to this arm chair psychiatrist this person has a personality disorder.

Comment

The scary part is you don't need a residency to call yourself a doctor. All you need is for a medical school to graduate you. This scenario seems very risky and wildly inappropriate for this medical school. I know of people who could not match but are able to work under a physician that finished residency and is accredited. This person gets paid less than an actual physician but tells patients he is an M.D(which is technically true). All of which is completely legal but seems very sketchy.

Comment

Litwin also drew the attention of a pharmacist when he forged prescriptions for cough remedies and tranquilizers in the name of another UCLA physician who shared his surname

I know the article says this is a misdemeanor but is that correct?  You would think forging prescriptions alone would be enough to bar him from any medical school.

Comment

At least he has passion...

But I hope it's for caring for patients and not just the title.

Comment

Working...
                              X