Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CordMcNally
    replied
    I don't know a whole lot about grills but get you a nice one!

Leave a comment:

• DCdoc
    replied
    CYAI = thumbs up

Leave a comment:

• Panscan
    replied
    it's 1k and you're worth 6m. Get it yesterday

Leave a comment:

• Kamban
    replied

Net worth 6M

for you the difference between $600 and $1200 may not mean all that much. Provided you use it as you intended.

Leave a comment:

• Lordosis
    replied
    I never ponied up for a Weber. I grill all the time but I had a crappy Aussie since med school. It survived 3 moves and I used it until it rusted through. Last year I my wife got me a charbroil the same size as what you are looking at for $250 on sale at end of season.

This is something that is lit on fire and stored outside. Cheaper is better. Replace when needed.

Leave a comment:

• Tangler
    replied
    Actually like this one slightly more:
    Weber 61001001 Genesis II S-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill, Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H6188F9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8Q4pDbY3HT68J

Leave a comment:

• okayplayer
    replied
    Also, buy 2-3 extra propane containers and keep them full. Nothing worse than cooking 75% of a dinner and realizing you are out of propane.

Leave a comment:

• Peds
    replied

Prediction: I will use at least 1x week

i mean, probably not.

did you read here already? https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-gas-grill/

Leave a comment:

• okayplayer
    replied
    Nice grill. Mine is a Weber Genesis as well but I don’t remember it being that expensive. I would stick with a base Genesis and skip the Bluetooth and all the other weird frills (strikes me as a major gimmick). Get a pizza stone and try making pizza on there. Crank the heat with the pizza stone on there until it’s 550 or so. Killer pizza.

Mine is 5 years old (was one of my big splurges when I became an attending). I use it at least weekly, if not more. Helps it is under a covered patio right off my kitchen where it is extremely convenient.

Leave a comment:

• Tangler
    replied
    link to grill:
    Weber 61006001 Genesis II S-335 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill, Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H618PNQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pK4pDbZX1CWYS

Leave a comment:

• Tangler
    started a topic To grill or not to grill?

To grill or not to grill?

Situation: 46 years old. physician.
    Net worth 6M
    Only debt = mortgage
    car = used civic
    House = just purchased , was renting for last few years with no grill allowed and was in grill withdrawal, grew up grilling.
    New town house allows gas, no charcoal.
    Now want to buy this:
    Weber Genesis II S-335 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill in Stainless Steel. price =$ 1050

Prediction: I will use at least 1x week

Questions:
    1. Is this an extra fancy expensive status artifact or an experience generating reasonable use of $? (your opinion)

2. Grill people, thoughts on this model? alternatives?
Working...
X