Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who else here has ordered a 2020 Corvette??

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who else here has ordered a 2020 Corvette??

I put my deposit down last week.  ?  ?

https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/next-generation-corvette

Image result for 2020 corvette blue cnet

Are you going to have a matching vanity plate to go with it? CRAIGY MD sounds nice!

Comment

nice, enjoy.

Comment

Congratulations! You deserve it.

Comment

Plate should be: RNTUNVS

Comment

Are you going to have a matching vanity plate to go with it? CRAIGY MD sounds nice!

More like "WNNABMD"  :lol:

Alas, I am too cheap (but not too vain) to pay for a vanity plate.

I will, however, most definitely be putting a university medicine plate frame, as I have been putting on all my cars since my wife was in medschool. 

Comment

They look pretty awesome. I’m always a little weird about the first year of a new generation, especially with Corvettes. Seems like there’s always some fairly big issues. I think the C5 Z06 had oil consumption issues and the C6 Z06 had issues with the heads (I’m pretty sure it was that first year with the C6 Z06). Nonetheless, I may wait until the 2021s come out...then wait a few more years and I may be in the game for a 2021.

Comment

They look pretty awesome. I’m always a little weird about the first year of a new generation, especially with Corvettes. Seems like there’s always some fairly big issues. I think the C5 Z06 had oil consumption issues and the C6 Z06 had issues with the heads (I’m pretty sure it was that first year with the C6 Z06). Nonetheless, I may wait until the 2021s come out…then wait a few more years and I may be in the game for a 2021.

I believe almost all of the C6 z06s had the head issues.  Plus the C7 Z06 had all of the overheat problems.  Luckily this one isn't a z06

But yeah, Chevy isn't exactly known for their build quality.  :lol:  A little nervous about that if I'm honest.  Regardless, it'll be under warranty.

Comment

They look pretty awesome. I’m always a little weird about the first year of a new generation, especially with Corvettes. Seems like there’s always some fairly big issues. I think the C5 Z06 had oil consumption issues and the C6 Z06 had issues with the heads (I’m pretty sure it was that first year with the C6 Z06). Nonetheless, I may wait until the 2021s come out…then wait a few more years and I may be in the game for a 2021.
                  Click to expand…

I believe almost all of the C6 z06s had the head issues.  Plus the C7 Z06 had all of the overheat problems.  Luckily this one isn’t a z06

But yeah, Chevy isn’t exactly known for their build quality.    A little nervous about that if I’m honest.  Regardless, it’ll be under warranty.

Hmm...yeah I really didn't know much about the C7 Z06, mainly because when they came out I really didn't have that kind of money to be spending on a car. Have they nailed down all of the engine options for the new one? I know the website says a new LT2 but I thought I read somewhere else about a week ago about a possible turbo option but haven't seen much else.

Comment

is it going to be the daily driver?  the gps raises it over the speed bumps.  that seems like a nice feature.

Comment

Click to expand…

I believe almost all of the C6 z06s had the head issues.  Plus the C7 Z06 had all of the overheat problems.  Luckily this one isn’t a z06

But yeah, Chevy isn’t exactly known for their build quality.    A little nervous about that if I’m honest.  Regardless, it’ll be under warranty.
                      Click to expand…

Hmm…yeah I really didn’t know much about the C7 Z06, mainly because when they came out I really didn’t have that kind of money to be spending on a car. Have they nailed down all of the engine options for the new one? I know the website says a new LT2 but I thought I read somewhere else about a week ago about a possible turbo option but haven’t seen much else.

Dry-sump naturally aspirated LT2, 495 horsepowers and 470 torques.  Likely to have a higher performance model next year but yet unannounced.

is it going to be the daily driver?  the gps raises it over the speed bumps.  that seems like a nice feature.

Yeah, sounds silly but that was definitely one of those features that pushed me over the edge into buying.  It'll be our 3rd car, but I'm going to try to drive it as much as possible and get the wife to do the same.  Likely picking a more muted color so she doesn't feel so self conscious parking it in the hospital garage. 

Comment

Click to expand…

Click to expand…

Hmm…yeah I really didn’t know much about the C7 Z06, mainly because when they came out I really didn’t have that kind of money to be spending on a car. Have they nailed down all of the engine options for the new one? I know the website says a new LT2 but I thought I read somewhere else about a week ago about a possible turbo option but haven’t seen much else.
                        Click to expand…

Dry-sump naturally aspirated LT2, 495 horsepowers and 470 torques.  Likely to have a higher performance model next year but yet unannounced.

Click to expand…

Yeah, sounds silly but that was definitely one of those features that pushed me over the edge into buying.  It’ll be our 3rd car, but I’m going to try to drive it as much as possible and get the wife to do the same.  Likely picking a more muted color so she doesn’t feel so self conscious parking it in the hospital garage.  ?

Muted color? What is the point? Now that its mid engined and basically a ferrari styled car...its flash or nothing right?

Comment

Want

Comment

It really is a cool feature, that it is automatic.  Assuming it works.

I wouldn't buy the first year though

Comment

Looking forward to the update after you break it in.

Comment

Working...
                              X