Other recent reads:
    Shoe Dog
    Howard Stern Comes Again
    Bad Blood
    I’ll Be Gone In The Dark
    Beautiful Boy

All really good in their own way.

Comment

When asked if I’d want to survive various medical catastrophes, my question is usually “Could I still read?” It’s a huge part of my life. I’ve gone down from ~50 books per year to ~25 since I started using much of my non-work time to make videos, but reading is still essential and nonnegotiable. From a retirement/financial point of view, this practice is very useful, because it’s the one basic thing I need for entertainment, and it’s cheap. I like hiking, biking, cooking and entertaining too, and they share this financial quality. No need to figure out financing a more expensive hobby. Yes fiction! Yes nonfiction!
      My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFF...MwBiAAKd5N8qPg

Comment

My Aftershokz are ok, but not good with mountain biking.

Comment

Does reading music count?

Comment

My Aftershokz are ok, but not good with mountain biking.

Then almost perfect ?.
            Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical and high-income professionals | 270-247-6087

Comment

When asked if I’d want to survive various medical catastrophes, my question is usually “Could I still read?” It’s a huge part of my life. I’ve gone down from ~50 books per year to ~25 since I started using much of my non-work time to make videos, but reading is still essential and nonnegotiable. From a retirement/financial point of view, this practice is very useful, because it’s the one basic thing I need for entertainment, and it’s cheap. I like hiking, biking, cooking and entertaining too, and they share this financial quality. No need to figure out financing a more expensive hobby. Yes fiction! Yes nonfiction!

I think that people who like to read are rarely bored.

Comment

It is amazing how much content there is to read. I have a very narrow interest and even still there is no end in sight. I have enough in my queue to keep me busy for several years. I add more faster then I read. A good problem to have.

Comment

I generally have at least one audiobook and one written book going at any given time. Probably average an hour/day audiobook and anywhere from .5 hr to 2 hrs (weekends) reading with my eyeballs. I like audiobooks because I tend to jump around with actual books and read them out of order/flip and see what's going on in a few chapters. Also I like to listen while driving/walking the dog/doing chores/knitting/etc.

Comment

I have 2 audiobooks per month subscription but if I know I'm not going to listen to again I return it.  I also buy in bulk when they have $5 books or 2 for 1 deals so probably 3-4 per month.  I wax and wane on physical books. Sometimes I go to library or by at physical book store but only have time to read 3-4 per year recently. Before Audible and getting married I read 1-2 books per month with some periods of much higher consumption.

>98% of books read are non-fiction over my lifetime, excluding assigned reading in high school and college. I thought I would break that with trying GOT series but I just am not into it no matter how good it is. I've also tried War and Peace and Ayn Rand books but I just find fiction so so hard to read or listen to. It all seem so trivial...

I currently put Audible on hold to listen to my favorite 5-6 books from last few years and have also been venturing out to listen to more long-form podcasts at least through the summer. I re-listen to the Nasim Taleb and Yuval Harari books every 6-9 months. Antifragile is so good and is probably my favorite. I could go on but I won't.

Comment

Kindle unlimited is a savior. Usually go through 3-5 books a week, as the Kindle goes everywhere I do and reading can happen anywhere.

Waiting for a oil change? Reading. Waiting for food in the microwave? Reading. Add in an hour each night while in bed and it adds up. I find it calms the brain down and I get better sleep.

My only complaint is Kindle's recommendation system kind of sucks. It needs a "not interested" feature. I read a fiction book where the protagonist had a harem of wives ONE TIME and now my recommendations are filled with harem suggestions. Awkward. :P
                      I should have been a pair of ragged claws. Scuttling across the floors of silent seas.

Comment

Working...
                      X