X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you read a day?

The quote "you will be the same person five years from now except for the people you meet and the books you read." so, how much time y'all devote to reading books (fiction/non-fiction, not online cruising) a day? Do you read first thing in the morning, throughout the day, or before twilight.

Why exclude online reading?

I've learned more from some tweets than I did from some novels.

Comment

I only read fiction. I get enough non fiction in real life.
      30-60 min a day. About 2 books a month depending on the length of the books.

Comment

I am mostly reading audiobooks these days. 2 to 3 books per month.

Comment

Why exclude online reading?

I’ve learned more from some tweets than I did from some novels.

Maybe separate? There's a different osmosis from online reading, physical books, digital books and online (unless you are super focused!).

Comment

I meet a *lot* of people, in a pretty deep way in my job. So I guess that balances the lack of reading since having kids?? I think I'm going to have way more free time in my new job and already have some reading plans. I've read several books in my time off and really enjoyed it.

Comment

Do newspapers count?

Comment

What’s a newspaper?

-a millennial

Comment

It is what you spread out on the table to protect it when your kids do arts and crafts.

Comment

It's what you wrap Christmas presents in. Duh.

Comment

It's what I shred and put in the chicken coop!

Comment

Portable cat bed, turns any surface into a place the cat must lay on, specially when trying to read it.

60+ minutes a day before bedtime.

Comment

1 - 2 books/wk, all audio, first thing in the morning, any time I don’t need my mind to focus on something else. Try to rotate fiction and non-fiction.

btw, for Bluetooth listening, I have finally found the perfect device - AfterShokz Bone Conduction Headphones. Sound transmits through facial bones, not by sticking something in/over your ears, and transmission is the furthest of any device I’ve used so far (and that list is long). Love them.
                          Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical and high-income professionals | 270-247-6087

Comment

2-3 books a month on my Kindle, mostly in down time at work. Last 2 books I read:
                            Where Men Win Glory - Krakaeur (bio of Pat Tillman)
                            When Pride Still Mattered - Maraniss (bio of Vince Lombardi)

I do throw in the occasional novel too.

Most of my books I check out through the public library and read on the Kindle. You only have 21 days to read them before they are automatically returned, but I found a loophole where if you put your Kindle in airplane mode after downloading the books, it won’t be automatically returned until you reconnect to the internet.

Comment

The last book I read was written by my neighbor.  It was about Richard III.  Currently reading the immortals. I do read one newspaper.  The WSJ.  I cannot line a birdcage with it because I get only the online version.  I have never gotten into audiobooks.  I also like to mix fiction and non-fiction.  Just bought the new McCullough book..The Pioneers.

Comment

Working...
                              X