X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Area meet up thread

So who’s organizing the Bay Area meet up.

I got a feeling most people like to remain anonymous around here including Fatlittlepig so it may never happen.

I prefer my meetups feces and needle free, so I’ll pass.

Comment

That was a particularly unpleasant post, the Bay Area is a big region my friend.

Comment

I got a feeling most people like to remain anonymous around here including Fatlittlepig so it may never happen.

I'm going to be in the Bay Monday... having dinner at Chez Pannise. Super excited...

Then a conference at John Muir Hospital on Tuesday.

WTF?

I'm not typically in the Bay... prefer to stay up in the Mountains but I surely don't think of it like HikingDO describes.

Comment

Click to expand…

I’m going to be in the Bay Monday… having dinner at Chez Pannise. Super excited…

Then a conference at John Muir Hospital on Tuesday.

Click to expand…

WTF?

I’m not typically in the Bay… prefer to stay up in the Mountains but I surely don’t think of it like HikingDO describes.

Can Fatlittlepig join you, oh I forgot: FLP is not much into fancy, overpriced restaurants, but let me know how it is...

the other gentleman believes "bay area" only pertains to grimy areas of san francisco...

Comment

Back in the day --- Tenderloin district was aptly named for the beat cop.  Nowadays, not so much.  I would if we still went up there.

For those wanting to spending your precious Comic-Con time with a meetup, will be there and glad to share IPA with anyone in this forum -- FLP included.  Come in cosplay even

Comment

FLP did you start a thread to let people know you wouldn't come to a meetup that wasn't planned?

Also, Chez Panisse is kind of famously inexpensive.

Comment

FLP did you start a thread to let people know you wouldn’t come to a meetup that wasn’t planned?

when you google it, $$$$ which is 3 "$" more than I like.. i'm guessing it's one of those very overrated places- but you wouldn't dare say it, for fear of looking uncultured or ignorant...

Comment

If you guys do get together and someone wants to split a meal with FLP I’ll pay for his half.

Comment

Who lives in the Bay Area and only eats at 1 $ restaurants?  That's basically Taco Bell and Arby's.  That's like putting cheap gas in a Ferrari or wearing a tie from Wal-Mart with an Armani suit.  I'll admit I'm a cheap ****************************************** who doesn't get fine dining, but that's why I'd never live in California.

Comment

There's a San Francisco Physicians on FIRE Facebook group for those of you who use Bookface and are a part of my main group. A great place to organize in-person meetups.

Physicians on FIRE San Francisco

Comment

If you guys do get together and someone wants to split a meal with FLP I’ll pay for his half.

Fatlittlepig actually has a strict policy of always picking up the tab when dining with friends or family, the bill will seldom ever reach the table. That would apply also to you jacoavlu.

Comment

FLP did you start a thread to let people know you wouldn’t come to a meetup that wasn’t planned?

Click to expand…

when you google it, $$$$ which is 3 “$” more than I like.. i’m guessing it’s one of those very overrated places- but you wouldn’t dare say it, for fear of looking uncultured or ignorant…

If you read books by Alice Waters and David Lebovitz, you'll see that it's not a fancy schmancy overrated place, just a restaurant built by people who love food.  Not food made of cheap ingredients manipulated to taste good in cheap ways by dumping on a lot of sugar, salt, and butter, but food that tastes good by its nature and simple preparation.  Now food/restaurants like that are everywhere in the U.S., but I think back when it opened it was kind of groundbreaking.  If it weren't for people like Alice Waters we might still be stuck in the era where all vegetables came from a can.  If you don't love food and culinary history, a lot of the experience of eating there will probably be lost.  Kind of like walking around Gettysburg not knowing anything about the Civil War and thinking "why does everyone come here?  This is lame."

I like the Bay Area. I'm overdo for a visit and don't think I'll make it out this year but I'll look you up when I do flp. Maybe we can go out for a coffee and fight over the check ?

Comment

I'm going to be in SF tomorrow too! I don't know why people think it's gross. I've walked, run and biked all over that city and it's just a normal big city? Love it! I was in Portland 2 weeks ago and saw the same stuff.

Comment

I’m going to be in SF tomorrow too! I don’t know why people think it’s gross. I’ve walked, run and biked all over that city and it’s just a normal big city? Love it! I was in Portland 2 weeks ago and saw the same stuff.

SF used to be a normal big city.

Comment

Working...
                              X