Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lordosis
    replied
    I have someone who is mad that depression is on his problem list because he told the last doctor he had depression so he could get a letter so he could take his cat on the plane. I wish I could replace the depression diagnosis with manipulative.

Leave a comment:

• SerrateAndDominate
    replied
    Originally posted by G View Post
    Almost aspirated my morning coffee when I saw this. After gaining my composure, had to come over here to post it.

I think bobcats are pretty neat. I think veterans are even neater. But for this, words escape me.
    My late uncle always had a pet bobcat. Absolutely no idea why, but it really helps add to his legend haha

Leave a comment:

• Anne
    replied
    Almost aspirated my morning coffee when I saw this. After gaining my composure, had to come over here to post it.

I think bobcats are pretty neat. I think veterans are even neater. But for this, words escape me.
    Good God.

And also not helpful for veterans at large to state that “all veterans are messed up one way or another”. This coming from a veteran who is, ahem, entirely normal. But we don’t make the news so the stereotype will continue.

Leave a comment:

• Lordosis
    replied
    Originally posted by MaxPower View Post

So many questions.
    sounds like we're going to have another episode where somebody's face gets ripped off like that woman with the chimp

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied

So many questions.

Leave a comment:

• G
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by legobikes View Post
    What y'all really railing against is the natural consequences of [philosophical] liberalism.
    Disabilities included?
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-videos-report

Leave a comment:

• Cubicle
    replied
    One day I'm going to get charged for "being mean" & discrimination because someone will bring in some "support" animal into my office & I'll refuse to see them. And my state's government will hang me by the heels swiftly & happily. That's when I'll move out & retire.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    The question becomes "Will the dogs be eligible for federal study loan guarantees?" Online courses might be very expensive. Alot to chew on there. Will the animal be capable of signing the loan forms and will the loan be in the name of the pet or who? Geez.
    Every pet needs training. Free training for all pets!
    Piss on it. DNA identities! But to be fair, what happens when an ESA becomes disabled and the re-certification ?
    Will the owner be required to have the ESA to travel? Hey, you need help. Or should airlines provide accommodations and back-ups?
    Someone needs to really get down into the weeds on this thing.

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post
    The Transportation Department proposes a narrow definition in which a service animal could only be a dog that is trained to help a person with a physical or other disability. Passengers with a service dog would have to fill out a federal form on which they swear that the dog is trained to help them. A dog trained to help with psychiatric needs would qualify as a service animal.

Cue the new cottage industry for online "training certificates." Probably have to make your dog watch a webinar or something to pass.
    I don't see how signing a form that makes you swear the dog is a true service dog with training is going to deter anyone. I foresee it going something like this:

*open scene in airport*

Transportation Department: "Do you swear your dog is a service dog trained to help you?"

Passenger (with diagnoses that are all difficult to prove or disprove): "Yes."

*dog nips at another passenger*

Transportation Department: "Yeah, but do you, like, really swear. Like, pinky promise swear."

Passenger: "Yes, I pinky promise swear."

*dog pisses on the gate attendant*

Transportation Department: "Ok, you guys have a safe flight."

*end scene*

Leave a comment:

• jacoavlu
    replied
    The Transportation Department proposes a narrow definition in which a service animal could only be a dog that is trained to help a person with a physical or other disability. Passengers with a service dog would have to fill out a federal form on which they swear that the dog is trained to help them. A dog trained to help with psychiatric needs would qualify as a service animal.

Cue the new cottage industry for online "training certificates." Probably have to make your dog watch a webinar or something to pass.

Leave a comment:

• Lordosis
    replied
    I have not been having nearly as many requests for these the past few months but I would be very happy if they actually put a stop to this nonsense.
    The days of passengers bringing their pets on airplanes as emotional-support animals could be ending. The U.S. Department of Transportation on Wednesday proposed that only specially trained...

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

What y’all really railing against is the natural consequences of [philosophical] liberalism.

Keep that up and this thread goes to the endangered species thread list ?.

Leave a comment:

• legobikes
    replied
    What y'all really railing against is the natural consequences of [philosophical] liberalism.

Leave a comment:

• Lordosis
    replied

I’ve got to respect the openness instead of pretending.

True and he did back down as soon as I said it was inappropriate.

How do people think this is appropriate? It would be like asking a lawyer to forge a document or for your accountant to fudge your numbers. They’re literally asking their professional to commit fraud

The gall of some people.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X