Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is that safe? Why don’t the airlines wise up and say no? Absolutely ridiculous.

It’s not safe. This needs to stop. Why does our society cater to the craziest among us?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2019/07/23/emotional-support-dog-bites-flight-attendant-who-requires-five-stitches/#405010912286

https://www.ajc.com/blog/airport/emotional-support-dog-bites-passenger-delta-flight/7LWo0gv7hhhDssxl26NwoN/

https://thestir.cafemom.com/parenting_news/217935/girl-mauled-emotional-support-dog-airport

Comment

It’s not safe. This needs to stop. Why does our society cater to the craziest among us?

I agree. Unfortunately, they deem people like this marginalized and it's looked down upon to incorporate common sense even though it will make a very small minority of the population upset.

Comment

People with personality disorders making silly demands deserve to be marginalized. Common sense should be respected again.

I’m really not a fan of litigious solutions but anyone who authorized an emotional support pit bull that led to the mauling of a small child needs to be roasted in a court of law.

Comment

Ya I don't really understand, so these people who acknowledge that they don't need it but still ask, so they're just casually asking you to commit fraud?

If I was a PCP I'd tell them off, fire them from practice, do whatever I could.

Comment

People with personality disorders making silly demands deserve to be marginalized. Common sense should be respected again.

I’m really not a fan of litigious solutions but anyone who authorized an emotional support pit bull that led to the mauling of a small child needs to be roasted in a court of law.

I'm hardly disagreeing. We're in total agreement. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Today it was a middle aged man who wants a letter because he would like to get a dog and he heard that if he gets a letter from an MD they cannot ask him questions and cannot charge him to take the dog on the train.

No attempt to even pretend there was an emotional need.  Does not even have a pet currently.  Purely trying to game the system.

And I told him so.  Politely of course

Comment

Today it was a middle aged man who wants a letter because he would like to get a dog and he heard that if he gets a letter from an MD they cannot ask him questions and cannot charge him to take the dog on the train. No attempt to even pretend there was an emotional need. Does not even have a pet currently. Purely trying to game the system. And I told him so. Politely of course

I've got to respect the openness instead of pretending.

Comment

How do people think this is appropriate? It would be like asking a lawyer to forge a document or for your accountant to fudge your numbers. They're literally asking their professional to commit fraud

Comment

I’ve got to respect the openness instead of pretending.

True and he did back down as soon as I said it was inappropriate.

How do people think this is appropriate? It would be like asking a lawyer to forge a document or for your accountant to fudge your numbers. They’re literally asking their professional to commit fraud

The gall of some people.

Comment

What y'all really railing against is the natural consequences of [philosophical] liberalism.

Comment

What y’all really railing against is the natural consequences of [philosophical] liberalism.

Keep that up and this thread goes to the endangered species thread list ?.
                        Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

I have not been having nearly as many requests for these the past few months but I would be very happy if they actually put a stop to this nonsense.
                          The days of passengers bringing their pets on airplanes as emotional-support animals could be ending. The U.S. Department of Transportation on Wednesday proposed that only specially trained...

Comment

The Transportation Department proposes a narrow definition in which a service animal could only be a dog that is trained to help a person with a physical or other disability. Passengers with a service dog would have to fill out a federal form on which they swear that the dog is trained to help them. A dog trained to help with psychiatric needs would qualify as a service animal.

Cue the new cottage industry for online "training certificates." Probably have to make your dog watch a webinar or something to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post
                              The Transportation Department proposes a narrow definition in which a service animal could only be a dog that is trained to help a person with a physical or other disability. Passengers with a service dog would have to fill out a federal form on which they swear that the dog is trained to help them. A dog trained to help with psychiatric needs would qualify as a service animal.

Cue the new cottage industry for online "training certificates." Probably have to make your dog watch a webinar or something to pass.
                              I don't see how signing a form that makes you swear the dog is a true service dog with training is going to deter anyone. I foresee it going something like this:

*open scene in airport*

Transportation Department: "Do you swear your dog is a service dog trained to help you?"

Passenger (with diagnoses that are all difficult to prove or disprove): "Yes."

*dog nips at another passenger*

Transportation Department: "Yeah, but do you, like, really swear. Like, pinky promise swear."

Passenger: "Yes, I pinky promise swear."

*dog pisses on the gate attendant*

Transportation Department: "Ok, you guys have a safe flight."

*end scene*

Comment

The question becomes "Will the dogs be eligible for federal study loan guarantees?" Online courses might be very expensive. Alot to chew on there. Will the animal be capable of signing the loan forms and will the loan be in the name of the pet or who? Geez.
                                Every pet needs training. Free training for all pets!
                                Piss on it. DNA identities! But to be fair, what happens when an ESA becomes disabled and the re-certification ?
                                Will the owner be required to have the ESA to travel? Hey, you need help. Or should airlines provide accommodations and back-ups?
                                Someone needs to really get down into the weeds on this thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X