Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess how much I will pay for tax preparation for 2019 (in 2020)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been always afraid of doing personal tax returns on my own, paid a CPA for years to do it, as I learnt more and more about taxation, deductions, I have decided to do it on my own this year with turbo tax, the main reason for the change is because as I have become more knowledgeable on the subject I have been finding mistakes on my previous tax returns by my accountant. It was very easy even though I have W2, 1099, schedule C and K1s. I can even access live CPA online if I have questions for free. All that for around $200 with turbo tax.

Comment

I paid around 2k for 2018 tax filing for a moderately complex return (K1s, multiple schedules and 2 state tax filing).  I feel its a fair amount in my situation but not for a return that can be don with turbotax.  I see more CPAs that are pitching themselves as "tax strategists"  to justify their higher charges.  The actually tax filing/prep is a commodity business and is priced appropriately.

The highest I was pitched this prior tax season was 6-7k.  I found it to be so laughable I didn't respond.

Comment

Working...
      X