Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess how much I will pay for tax preparation for 2019 (in 2020)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess how much I will pay for tax preparation for 2019 (in 2020)

Here is the trend in charges for professional tax preparation for the last 8 years -

2011 - $940

2012 - $975

2013 - $983

2014 - $1002

2015 - $1100

2016 - $1600 (including filing for children, first and last time)

2017 - $1350

2018 - $1650

2019 - $2350 (filed for extension due to K-1 delays; did not itemize for the first time)

2020 - ?

$1950

You must have a fairly complex return. ?

Comment

wow.....

hoooray turbotax.

Comment

$0

Comment

Assuming similar facts to last year, a lot of the kinks in the TCJA have been worked through by now so I would hope about equal to last year.

Comment

$2400 if you have a professional do it. $59.99 if you do it yourself.

Comment

This is a trick question, right? You decided to do them yourself with TurboTax.

Comment

Just curious, is this for a 1040 only?

Edited to add, b/c I s/h asked - and same for all yrs in the past (except kids, of course)?
                Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical and high-income professionals | 270-247-6087

Comment

$3055 (based upon an increase in between 2018 and 2019).

Comment

Does that I clude business returns 1120S? I am guessing $2800.

How much does your accountant charge for 1120S?

Comment

Does the person with the closest guess win a prize? Price is Right rules?

Comment

Is this the trend in charges for professional tax preparation, the trend in increased complexity of your taxes, or both (I'll disregard inflation)?

Comment

Well, you changed jobs, so there may be some moving expenses. Still probably have the K-1 but no delay from new tax law. I'll go with a nice cool $2000.

Comment

This is a trick question, right? You decided to do them yourself with TurboTax.

Leaning that way...

Just curious, is this for a 1040 only?

Edited to add, b/c I s/h asked – and same for all yrs in the past (except kids, of course)?

Yes, 1040 (Fed and one state), 2 W-2s, 4 K-1’s, Schedule C for 1099 income. Did not itemize (will for 2019).

Is this the trend in charges for professional tax preparation, the trend in increased complexity of your taxes, or both (I’ll disregard inflation)?

Complexity has not changed. I did file an extension due to a late K-1.

Comment

Yikes!  That's a ************************ of an increase.  From an advisor perspective, it's become harder to find CPAs who are willing to handle individual returns.  I tried to send a set of physician clients to a young CPA and her firm told her "no" unless they brought along their corporate taxes (they both worked for large health institutions so that wasn't happening).

Comment

Working...
                              X