Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaphod
    replied
    My old variable refi is 1.8% so I havent changed anything.

Leave a comment:

• sunshine
    replied
    I just refinanced into a 5 yr variable with Splash at 1.29%

Leave a comment:

• 4thMolar
    replied
    I refinanced with Earnest last month with a variable rate. With 122K left for my loans. Just checked and my variable rate this month is 1.16%

Leave a comment:

• Dont_know_mind
    replied
    FFR is 1%.
    They could cut to -0.25% (placing a negative rate on deposits).
    Interest rate on other debt = FFR + risk premium + term premium.
    FFR may reduce but risk and term premiums may increase for that particular debt vehicle.
    My guess: in a recession risk premium may
    increase, term premium reduce and FFR may go to zero.

Leave a comment:

• Peds
    replied
    Low enough....

Leave a comment:

• Current Fed Fund Rate and Student Loan Refinancing - Variable vs Fixed

I'm a 3rd year medicine resident in California, about to graduate in a few months trying to figure out what is going to be the best way to refinance my medical school loans. I've been looking at some of the companies like Sofi, Earnest, Laurel Road.

The big question I have now is when is the best time to refinance (now or wait a few months)? With the way the stock market is right now due to the coronavirus, and the Fed cutting interest rates recently, I've heard that this is only the beginning and likely there will be more drops in interest rates by the Fed in the upcoming months. I’ve been left wondering if rates drop low enough is it possible to refinance at such a low fixed rate that it is comparable to what you would normally get with variable rates. Therefore when rates inevitably go back up I’ll still have my fixed low rate. Any general or specific thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
Working...
X