Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any thoughts on the zero to freedom financial course?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saildawg
    replied
    Originally posted by baulahaMD View Post
    I understand the WCI FYFA course. Its reasonably priced and likely will help a lot of people get the basic financial principles correct. I am talking about the countless self help gurus, life coach gurus, real estate gurus, multilevel marketing gurus that physicians are peddling now a days
    Probably just the amount of burnout in medicine, lends itself to people doing these things. There is merit in a lot of the underlying concepts of being less dependent on physician income and developing new streams of income, or becoming more satisfied in your current career. I am skeptical of any of the "rah-rah" stuff though.

Leave a comment:

• jacoavlu
    replied
    you’re hanging out in the wrong places. I don’t see those things.

Leave a comment:

• baulahaMD
    replied
    I understand the WCI FYFA course. Its reasonably priced and likely will help a lot of people get the basic financial principles correct. I am talking about the countless self help gurus, life coach gurus, real estate gurus, multilevel marketing gurus that physicians are peddling now a days

Leave a comment:

• saildawg
    replied
    Originally posted by baulahaMD View Post
    There seems to be an explosion of life coaches, financial gurus, real estate gurus. And everybody is selling a course, a closed facebook group. What the ************************ is going on?
    Chance to make money sharing your knowledge to a group of people capable of implementing it.

For the WCI FYFA course, I totally get that the value is he curates and distills a bunch of different information and resources to save you time and effort of learning it by yourself in exchange for a price. This is a good structure to a course IMO. Not certain about the real estate courses, hoping to hear from someone who took it.

Leave a comment:

• baulahaMD
    replied
    There seems to be an explosion of life coaches, financial gurus, real estate gurus. And everybody is selling a course, a closed facebook group. What the ************************ is going on?

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Tony Robbins is multi talented. Might want to look into real important stuff. Why screw around with real estate?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=tony...&client=safari

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    Originally posted by VagabondMD View Post

TL;DR

I could not get past the JFK quote. Let me know, did they make it to the moon?
    They did it for the experience PLUS they get to join a CLOSED Facebook group. I was questioning their decision until they mentioned the Facebook group. Now I think they underpaid.

Leave a comment:

• fatlittlepig
    replied
    Originally posted by Dont_know_mind View Post
    I think there is a lot in mentorship but you can’t pay for it.
    Coaching is something you pay for.
    Losses teach you a lot, not sure if you can bypass it.
    send FLP a check for 200K and I'll hook you up with other suckers who also sent me a check for 200K and you can be a part of the exclusive suckers club. I'll coach you and tell you life changing mumbo jumbo snake oil of how to be your best self. LOL. Now you can also go on trips and conferences with other said suckers (I'll even put in a the special VIP section). Now that your wallet is 200K lighter, you now feel the need to take extra risks in your financial life to recoup the costs. Really pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• Dont_know_mind
    replied
    I think there is a lot in mentorship but you can’t pay for it.
    Coaching is something you pay for.
    Losses teach you a lot, not sure if you can bypass it.

The paradox of investing is that on the one hand rationality gets rewarded. On the other hand, there are some things that get rewarded that no one could have anticipated.

I think this causes confusion. Sometimes people are very passionate about something and do it because they just really love it. From there a small number of these enterprises will create markets that no one had ever thought of.

But this isn’t a form of investing. To invest with the sort of emotionality spouted by the self help gurus is courting getting kicked in the nuts.

Do what you love for free. And if it turns out to be a pot of gold, good for you. But to invest the way humans love, well that may result in feeding a lot of cognitive error and heartbreak to your bank account.
    Last edited by Dont_know_mind; 06-19-2020, 06:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lithium
    replied
    Originally posted by SemiRetiredMD View Post
    It’s the experience of taking on a MASSIVE challenge and together, fighting our way through it and coming out better in the end.

For me personally, the following quote by JFK kept resonating in my mind after we made the decision:

“We choose to [do this], not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because [this] goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.”
    Originally posted by SemiRetiredMD

In our minds, we have put in front of us a huge challenge. Financially, this is an extremely hard decision that will have long term repercussions. It’s a financial commitment that very few in the world could (or would) make. In fact, there are only about 350 people who join the program each year.

Also, while we hope Tony can keep on doing this forever, we just don’t know how much longer he will be able to keep up with his intense/insane schedule.

Finally, you get the entire collection of Tony Robbins multimedia products. This apparently comes in a 55 pound box to give you a sense of the sheer size of his product lineup. So we have 110 lbs of Tony Robbins products heading our way!
    Conclusions:
    The more you overpay for something, the more valuable and rewarding a "challenge" it is.
    The fact that only 350 people buy a product doesn't mean that it's overpriced, it just means that there are a zillion others who yearn to join the club but can't make the "commitment."
    You never know if Tony can keep this up. oh gosh, I really hope I don't miss out if I wait!!
    I can't wait to get through 55 pounds of multimedia, as there is surely no diminishing returns or repetition after the first 30 or 40 pounds of multimedia, and I'm delighted to have duplicate copies of all of the material since clearly my wife and I have to read the same books simultaneously.

Leave a comment:

• VagabondMD
    replied
    Originally posted by fatlittlepig View Post
    For a good laugh: https://semiretiredmd.com/part-five-our-10x-challenge/
    One is born every minute
    TL;DR

I could not get past the JFK quote. Let me know, did they make it to the moon?

Leave a comment:

• fatlittlepig
    replied
    For a good laugh: https://semiretiredmd.com/part-five-our-10x-challenge/
    One is born every minute

Leave a comment:

• IR Doctor
    replied
    The whole shtick with their course is overselling the RE professional status and how they wiped their taxes to 0. Great for them but not something most physicians or dual physician couples can replicate. This will not be doable for any working physician unless you are working less than 0.5 FTE or more safely <0.25 FTE or you have a non working spouse that will be willing to put in the work for documentation/audit. This doesnt make sense for most people professionally or financially unless you are low paid specialty or doing shift work.

They were also bragging how they scored CARES stimulus checks meant for people making less than 75k because they basically pulled a Jared Kushner. Seems kind of distasteful .

As far as info, I can't see what they offer is going to be more than what you can find out in Bigger Pockets (search for BRRR method), books or a more structured program like Lifestyles unlimited. If you need to pay >2k for "mindset" and coaching/support, then I guess that's more of a individual thing.
    Last edited by IR Doctor; 06-19-2020, 06:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Yamjam
    replied
    Following with interest.

Leave a comment:

• saildawg
    replied
    Originally posted by fatlittlepig View Post

I don't think you need to know anything else after reading that.
    I agree somewhat, thus didn't sign up for the course and listed as things I didn't like. I am not willing to blanket this sentiment to the idea of real estate investing to arbitrage tax benefits if you fit a very small niche (spouse that is high income earner). Of course with the understanding that you are basically taking on a new full time job that would require you to pivot careers if you are a high income earner in addition to your spouse. So you would have to have a passion for REI and all that comes with it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X