X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrender DEA License

My DEA license is expiring in 60 days and I got a notice to renew. The thing is I'm a pathologist and have never prescribed anything, let alone controlled substances. I didn't even want a DEA license in the first place, but had to get one for my fellowship which my program director got changed for future fellows. It seems the DEA doesn't really want people to give them up (fees?) since there's no obvious way to do it on their website. When I google "surrender dea license" all these scary law firm pages pop up warning people not to do it. I'll contact my hospital's credentialing office for their specific requirements, but I'm wondering in general if this is something I need to worry about if I change jobs in the future. Anyone have experience giving up their DEA license?

https://www.kirschenbaumesq.com/arti...aling-purposes

Comment

If you are not prescribing, you do not need a DEA license, unless required to be credentialed at your hospital(s). I would let it lapse.

Comment

Credentialing office said that pathologists and radiologists are not required to have a DEA license. So I guess I'll just not renew and let it expire naturally. If it's needed in the future, I'll just reactivate it.

Comment

Working...
        X