X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CARES act and loss of moonlighting income

Does anyone know if unemployment benefits cover moonlighting income that has stopped due to current circumstances?

If it's "side gig" income, then you should be covered. Don't quote me, but I have read people whose "side hustle" amazon reselling jobs are covered under the recent legislations.
    Last edited by Cubicle; 04-01-2020, 09:28 PM.
    "Oh look another bajillion point declin-Ooooh!!! A coupon for pizza!!!!" <--- This is what everyone's IPS should be. ✓✓✓

Comment

I would also consider if it is the ethical thing to do. I'm taking a beating here for holding fast that I am will not accept a pay cut from a hospital job during these times as I believe they will in fact be bailed out but I also wouldn't consider accepting something for nothing or a payout that I don't really need. I'm filing my taxes on time, paying my mortgages without asking for the free extension, not getting paid for jobs I'm no longer doing etc.

Comment

Who pays for unemployment benefits--the government; my employer; myself (via prior unemployment taxes); other employed people currently paying into the system?

Comment

I'm non-physician, my partner is the physician. About ten years ago the company I worked for could not make payroll, but my boss wouldn't let us go. So i quit and I was able to file for unemployment. The way I remember it working, any pay I received from any work source counted against the unemployment income. I want to say I got about $1,600 a month in unemployment, so the second I got another paycheck, it was erased and I no longer collected. Does it not work that way anymore? If this is moonlighting income, it sounds like you have a full time job, so I don't think you would be able to get it.

Comment

Working...
          X