X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attorney redline

Is it appropriate to send the attorney redline document (edited contract) to the prospective employer when negotiating an employment contract?

I think it's fair (and expected) to highlight the areas of the proposed changes.

Comment

As opposed to what? The contract with the changes not pointed out? That would be annoying to me...

Comment

I have heard of Docs having an offer retracted after doing this

Comment

Originally posted by braindoc View Post
          I have heard of Docs having an offer retracted after doing this
          That's ridiculous. Then their offer was pulled basically for negotiating.

Comment

I made markings on the sidebar of the PDF and me and the COO went back and forth until we were both happy. Then they sent me a clean copy to sign.

Turns out that the clean copy was the wrong copy and was missing a retention bonus that I negotiated. I discovered the error 2 years later when the bonus was to be paid out. However I had plenty of documentation that the COO fixed it for me. I am glad I never delete anything out of my Gmail!

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
              I made markings on the sidebar of the PDF and me and the COO went back and forth until we were both happy. Then they sent me a clean copy to sign.

Turns out that the clean copy was the wrong copy and was missing a retention bonus that I negotiated. I discovered the error 2 years later when the bonus was to be paid out. However I had plenty of documentation that the COO fixed it for me. I am glad I never delete anything out of my Gmail!
              Did you think for a minute they were trying to sneak one by on you?

Comment

The thought crossed my mind but they held true to the spirit of the contract and it is happily in the past.

Comment

Thanks everyone.! I really appreciate your guidance.

Comment

Working...
                  X