Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sole proprietor HCW exclude from paid leave under FFCRA?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sole proprietor HCW exclude from paid leave under FFCRA?

I’ve seen a lot of talk online including the Facebook WCI group that medical workers are “specifically excluded” from the paid sick or family leave. My reading is that employers like hospitals CAN/MAY exclude Doctors from leave if they choose. However, that’s not the same as the law specifically excluding these people. My wife is an indep contractor and we have a child who is staying home due to COVID. I want to make sure I am reading the law correctly that just because she is a health care provider, we can still claim the deduction come tax time.

It’s just a little frustrating to me that people are claiming HCW are excluded, when it doesn’t appear that’s actually the case, but I also can’t be sure.

Which tax deduction?

Not sure if this would apply to an IC, but if as an employer you aren’t required by EPSLA to pay out sick leave, I don’t think you’ll end up being eligible for tax credit.

Could be wrong.
    Last edited by bonebrokemefix; 04-03-2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

The tax credit for child care leave due to COVID as outlined by the family first coronavirus response act.

Comment

Working...
      X