Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal Finance Book Recommendations for Physician Assistant Student?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Finance Book Recommendations for Physician Assistant Student?

My daughter is entering a PA program in May and has several weeks off because the dermatology practice where she was working as a medical assistant had to abruptly close last week. I told her this is the perfect time for her to learn about personal finance! We also have a son who is a second year medical student so this would be a book we could pass on to him as well although he is drowning in academic work right now. Our country's current situation. has been an extremely eye opening economic lesson for all of the young adults in their generation as they are seeing the economic and personal impacts of this devastating virus first hand.

i would like to order a personal finance book or find free internet resources for her to read about personal finance as she will be moving into an apartment and managing her own bills. Although she lived in apartments in college and has always worked since age 16, we've always handled her living expenses. Looking for an easy to read book that will be interesting and appealing to a 23 year old. I could direct her to this website but I feel that it is a little more geared towards future doctors than current PA students. WCI, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Thank you for any recommendations or ideas!

bogleheads book list.
    wci book list.

Comment

WCI bootcamp

Comment

If you can, Attached below.

Bogleheads book.
        WCI book(s)

Let us know if you are successful. I have given and suggested books to many people and I would guess 1% of them have been opened

Comment

I like "The Millionaire Teacher' by Andrew Hallam as a place to start. William Bernstein's 'If You Can' is free and a very quick read.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
            If you can, Attached below.

Bogleheads book.
            WCI book(s)

Let us know if you are successful. I have given and suggested books to many people and I would guess 1% of them have been opened
            Yeah much to my disappointment few seem as jazzed as I do by this kind of gift. Its a shame because this knowledge has the potential to make a significant difference in their life.

Comment

Thank you all for the helpful suggestions and the link to Bill Bernstein's e-booklet!

Comment

I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi. Probably the best personal finance book I've read. I give it to clients and as graduation presents (along with some cash).

Comment

How to Think About Money by Clements. One of the best books I've read on the WCI reading list.

Comment

Originally posted by StateOfMyHead View Post

Yeah much to my disappointment few seem as jazzed as I do by this kind of gift. Its a shame because this knowledge has the potential to make a significant difference in their life.
                    I know right! When I first got into this stuff I was thinking "Wow this is going to change my life and I will spread it to everyone and they will change their lives" Well only the first part came true. The vast majority of people just do not have any interest.

I imagine it is the same as someone who feels great from daily exercise and cannot convince anyone else to do it.

Comment

For simple, enduring concepts, I recommend “The Millionaire Next Door.” It always generates lively dinner table discussions when a twenty-something at our house picks it up for the first time.

Comment

Working...
                      X