Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I contributed $150 in candles and wallflowers at bath and body works while on call. Unfortunately my SO loves those things even though I view them as burning money.

I must admit the house does smell nice though

Comment

Guilty. New Apple Watch at $45 off and a new Sonos Beam sound-bar at $100 off.

Comment

we don't do gifts and i have no patience for a bunch of crazies trying to save some money on a TV. The perk of being FI/FatFI is that i don't need to buy something on sale..i buy what i want and when i want. So i pass on Black Friday.....

i did need to go to the grocery store (college kid home and already ate round of groceries).....so i ventured to walmart around 4:30pm.....there wasn't really anyone there more than the usual. no lines to check out anyways.....

Comment

Every year my wife and I take a random day off together to do all the Xmas shopping. The kids go to school/daycare and we get all the gifts done and usually treat ourselves to a nice lunch. (Maybe prime rib and fancy wine this year). JK likely just Chipotle.

I just realized we accidentally did it on Cyber Monday. Darn that late Thanksgiving. I hope it is not too busy.
          If the weather cooperates I might get the lights up too.
          This is our third year doing this and it is totally worth a day off of work to get all the shopping done at the beginning of the month!

Comment

The news is misleading. Everybody knows online sales have been increasing, and the 20+% number was expected historically. Everybody also knows this comes at the cost of declining brick and mortar sales, hence all the bankruptcy filings. The question is what is the net effect really? They probably don't want to report that truth so that people feel good and shop so they don't feel like they're missing out on the herd's shopping euphoria. Great for the government and the billionaires, not so great for the herd's wallet. Hence, record US consumer debt. Love those cute Santa Mercedes Benz or bow tied Lexus commercials. Leverage, leverage, leverage and more leverage.

Comment

Black Friday originated before Al Gore invented the Internet . Yep, it’s retailers promoting sales.
              Bricks and mortar and internet too.
              https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-t...friday-3305711

Comment

My twins birthday was on black Friday... my son said "Mom, I need to open my gifts on Thursday to know if I need to go shopping at midnight for the stuff you didn't get me from my birthday list!" I said "Good try, but nope. And, by the way, I did NOT buy you that $200 Xbox controller, if that was what you were wondering!"

So, we went out at 9pm on Thursday night to Walmart. He got the Xbox controller for $144 and then I splurged on "birthday gum" while waiting in line.
                Everyone else had huge carts full of consumer crap! So many TVs! I think we were the only ones walking up to register with just one item. Just not my scene but my son was happy to save 50 bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by SLC OB View Post
                  My twins birthday was on black Friday... my son said "Mom, I need to open my gifts on Thursday to know if I need to go shopping at midnight for the stuff you didn't get me from my birthday list!" I said "Good try, but nope. And, by the way, I did NOT buy you that $200 Xbox controller, if that was what you were wondering!"

So, we went out at 9pm on Thursday night to Walmart. He got the Xbox controller for $144 and then I splurged on "birthday gum" while waiting in line.
                  Everyone else had huge carts full of consumer crap! So many TVs! I think we were the only ones walking up to register with just one item. Just not my scene but my son was happy to save 50 bucks!
                  a video game controller costs only 150 bucks? good deal!

Comment

• SLC OB
                    SLC OB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hence the reason he had to buy it with his hard earned money... we'll see if he thinks it was worth it.
                    I was not going to spend that kind of money on it!
                    However, since he has made $2500 since July and only spend about $200 total (including the $150 for the controller), I can't complain.

When I was a kid the video game systems came with controllers!

I aged a little saying that.

Comment

so far the best cyber monday deal i see is the stock market.....

Comment

Originally posted by Peds View Post
                      so far the best cyber monday deal i see is the stock market.....
                      Good deal, just bought some VTI and VXUS. Holding too much cash lately. #problems

Comment

Got a new running watch that I didn’t need Garmin 235.SLC OB I am expecting this watch to make Fatlittlepig as fast as you.

Comment

Originally posted by fatlittlepig View Post
                          Got a new running watch that I didn’t need Garmin 235.SLC OB I am expecting this watch to make Fatlittlepig as fast as you.
                          Do you put your running watch on the same arm as your Folex or on the other arm?

Comment

I usually don’t exercise with the Rolex. I don’t want to unnecessarily strain the delicate automatic movement.

Comment

Working...
                            X