Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find good legal advice for wire fraud?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find good legal advice for wire fraud?

So, in summary, back in 2015 (tumultuous time in our household when I was studying for step 1 and all else was secondary) we were scammed in a wire fraud case. Without burdening with detail, $9000 was wired to scammers in a different state who never delivered the automobile promised. We filed reports with the local police, FBI, and at the time attempts to recuperate funds was unsuccessful. Fast forward to the past few months when we were sent a letter from the Department of Justice who informed us that one of the scammers (who has been named) was convicted and currently serving jail time in Ohio (which is a different state than ours). We have all the records, I have been having trouble finding an attorney who deals with type of law, and am looking for information as to how I would even go about trying to get the money back. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

That's horrible. Sorry it happened to you. No idea but good luck.

Comment

I would probably just call a local law firm and ask who answers the phone if they have any suggestions on where/who to start with.

Comment

I suggest calling your state Attorney General's office. They usually have a fraud division and even if the attorneys cannot help with your case, they should be able to direct you (as a victim) to the right place. I would try to work with the authorities before paying my own lawyer to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbara View Post
          I suggest calling your state Attorney General's office. They usually have a fraud division and even if the attorneys cannot help with your case, they should be able to direct you (as a victim) to the right place. I would try to work with the authorities before paying my own lawyer to help.
          I like this answer way better than mine.

Comment

Working...
          X