Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Critique My Financial State- How can I do better?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is Dad’s AUM fee?
    Face plant.......

Comment

Time to spice up this website. I am 36, have been making the same as OP for the past 5 years. I can’t help to be reminded of this article:

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/features/a26091060/money-millennials-parents-career-success/?utm_source=digg

Sometimes I think to myself, “boy I’m doing great.” Other times, I am left shaking my head when I read posts and think to myself, “man I’m way behind.” I know I’m making assumptions, but I am gonna guess there was some parental help here. Not that one shouldn’t take it, but the point of the article is that (collectively) we as millennials should be more open about our privileges (1984 for me).

Comment

I’m not introducing new money into this market until conditions are more favorable. Don’t focus too much on investments only to grow net worth 
        Click to expand…

For the original poster, I would ignore this advice. Keep investing, keep dumping in money through thick and thin, market up or down.

Look at that, FSELX sector fund now up over 40% YTD, and yes significant 10-year outperformance to the indexes. It's not even one of the leveraged funds. On fire if you want FIRE.

Comment

I’m not introducing new money into this market until conditions are more favorable. Don’t focus too much on investments only to grow net worth 
          Click to expand…

For the original poster, I would ignore this advice. Keep investing, keep dumping in money through thick and thin, market up or down.
          Click to expand…

Look at that, FSELX sector fund now up over 40% YTD, and yes significant 10-year outperformance to the indexes. It’s not even one of the leveraged funds. On fire if you want FIRE.

your point being?

Comment

Working...
          X