No announcement yet.

california_dreamin'......maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the answer for you: San Luis Obispo!
    The best weather in the US, averages 70 most of the year. No traffic, I walk or bike to work. Outdoor activities galore with weather allowing 365 day access to those activities. Surf and mountain bike the same day. Housing costs are low compared to LA/Bay area, probably lower than Chicago. Great community with lots of cultural opportunities. Great schools, no need to send kids to private school. Most docs here work less and play more. Very active population. No crime. No bugs (mosquitoes) No flooding. No tornadoes. It’s a Blue zone, live forever and be happier than living elsewhere. Drawbacks: it’s pretty white (non-diverse), it’s 6 hour drive from good skiing. No other drawbacks. I wouldn’t live anywhere else. Life is too short to live in some crappy place.

Comment

Another vote for Greenville SC. We love this area. As others have pointed out, there's Broadway plays in an awesome downtown venue (Peace Center) and the entire downtown area is booming with shopping and restaurants. Also, for an outdoor lover, you cannot beat this area. Plenty of places to bike, run, hike, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by slo View Post
        I have the answer for you: San Luis Obispo!
        The best weather in the US, averages 70 most of the year. No traffic, I walk or bike to work. Outdoor activities galore with weather allowing 365 day access to those activities. Surf and mountain bike the same day. Housing costs are low compared to LA/Bay area, probably lower than Chicago. Great community with lots of cultural opportunities. Great schools, no need to send kids to private school. Most docs here work less and play more. Very active population. No crime. No bugs (mosquitoes) No flooding. No tornadoes. It’s a Blue zone, live forever and be happier than living elsewhere. Drawbacks: it’s pretty white (non-diverse), it’s 6 hour drive from good skiing. No other drawbacks. I wouldn’t live anywhere else. Life is too short to live in some crappy place.
        Central coast is awesome. Did pismo and oceano this summer. There sure are a lot of san flies with the on shore kelp. Much more than what I'm used to in socal. Does SLO airport fly direct to most places or do you have to connect a lot? Wife flies a lot and direct flights to most major cities in the US and Canada are a must.

Comment

• slo
          slo commented
          Editing a comment
          Burritos,
          Direct flights to LAX, SFO, Phoenix, Denver, Dallas, San Diego and Portland. That’s another drawback I suppose, we find ourselves often driving to San Jose, LAX, SFO, OAK for flights.

• slo
          slo commented
          Editing a comment
          Forgot Seattle flight as well. The airport is growing and adding flights, but it’s a small regional airport for sure

When kids are done with school, I've always thought about settling in SLO, but it's not cheap.

Comment

Working...
        X