Announcement

Collapse

WCI Course Sale!

Fire Your Financial Advisor and Continuing Financial Education 2020 are on sale now through midnight MDT on July 13, 2020. Purchase either at 10% off and also get CFE2018, the Park City conference course, for FREE!
www.whitecoatinvestor.com/FYFASale
www.whitecoatinvestor.com/CFESale
See more
See less

Screw it — time to spend

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Rogue Dad, M.D, I just have to pile on. I am very very happy for your win. We live kind of midway between St. Louis and Nashville, and I am happy for either team to do well, but, especially excited for you especially given the the Preds were out (have a very closely “involved” client + my kids are in Nashville lol).

Paducah?
    Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried (many) bags for a lovely and gracious 59 yo Cyd Charisse. (RIP) Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

Comment

• @Rogue Dad, M.D, I just have to pile on. I am very very happy for your win. We live kind of midway between St. Louis and Nashville, and I am happy for either team to do well, but, especially excited for you especially given the the Preds were out (have a very closely “involved” client + my kids are in Nashville lol).
      Click to expand…

Paducah?

Wow - close! You from around here?
      Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical and high-income professionals | 270-247-6087

Comment

Click to expand…

Paducah?
        Click to expand…

Wow – close! You from around here?

I've spent a lot of time in St Louis and grew up in Cincinnati. One of my med school classmates is from Paducah. I know of the town because of him.
        Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried (many) bags for a lovely and gracious 59 yo Cyd Charisse. (RIP) Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

Comment

• I’ve spent a lot of time in St Louis and grew up in Cincinnati. One of my med school classmates is from Paducah. I know of the town because of him.

As they say, small world! Fun to have a connection. Did you ever go to Starnes BBQ?
          Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical and high-income professionals | 270-247-6087

Comment

• Starnes BBQ

I guess that's a place in Paducah, but I've never been to the town. :-)

Comment

• Starnes BBQ
              Click to expand…

I guess that’s a place in Paducah, but I’ve never been to the town.

Oh. I thought you meant in the Biblical sense.

Comment

• I won’t tell you what I spent for front row tickets for me, wife, kids, and parents to a concert of a legendary artist, likely to be one of the last tours for him, one of the greatest ever. I would be kicked off the forum.

It was once in a lifetime for 3 generations to experience together. Was front row necessary? Absolutely not. Once in a lifetime though. Enjoy the playoffs.

I might know who this was...

It sounds very similar to my big spending item as an indebted med student.  I'm a big fan of the Beatles, and with Paul McCartney getting older and me starting residency soon, I figured I might never get another chance to see him perform.  I got the cheapest ticket I could, but it was absolutely the best $150 I ever spent.  Amazing 3 hr concert seeing a living legend.  I'll never forget singing "Hey Jude" along with Paul McCartney and 15000 other people!

Comment

• I’m just so glad that the Bruins lost. We flew into Logan on Friday after work and the town was so quiet! We got to Burlington in 20 minutes! I did root for Kampfer, though!

I have been to many rose bowls whenever Michigan has played. I will happily spend a couple Gs on a ticket to a national championship game if Michigan should ever get there. Unlikely, given what happens in the $EC.

Comment

• Get gently used Birkin @ rebag for 10K. Save 8 - 12K in the process.

Comment

• Paying 10k for a purse is literally insane. At least a luxury car still has other features or benefits. A more expensive house is bigger, newer or in a better area. An expensive purse? Not much different

Comment

• Well it replaced the $50 purse. So you can subtract out the cost of that. :P

Comment

• $800 in Lululemon attire.

Yes, they have a men's section, and it's the most comfortable clothing imaginable.

Comment

Working...
                          X