Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have a fly problem this stuff is amazing also.

PT Alpine Pressurized Fly Bait - 16 oz can - by BASF https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019J1WL0W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_A88BDbA4Q63EB

Comment

A little diatomaceous earth can do wonders, and it's safe for everything bigger than an insect.

Comment

Termite contracts are popular where I live.  Usually you pay up front for an initial whole house termite treatment, plus an annual fee in exchange for some sort of guarantee against termite damage.

We bought our house in 2012 that had a termite contract.  I renewed it annually to the tune of about $150/year.  Super brief annual inspection, only a couple of times did they apply more poison around the perimeter.

Come to find out about 5 years in that you have to pay them another grand or so to get them to re-treat or they won't renew the guarantee.  I asked, well what was the $150/year for?  IMO, it's a scam.

Shame on me for not reading the terms of the contract.  Live and learn.

As for general pests, I apply my own chemicals inside and out about twice a year.

Comment

Termite contracts are popular where I live.  Usually you pay up front for an initial whole house termite treatment, plus an annual fee in exchange for some sort of guarantee against termite damage.

We bought our house in 2012 that had a termite contract.  I renewed it annually to the tune of about $150/year.  Super brief annual inspection, only a couple of times did they apply more poison around the perimeter.

Come to find out about 5 years in that you have to pay them another grand or so to get them to re-treat or they won’t renew the guarantee.  I asked, well what was the $150/year for?  IMO, it’s a scam.

Shame on me for not reading the terms of the contract.  Live and learn.

As for general pests, I apply my own chemicals inside and out about twice a year.

There r a lot of suckers out there.

Comment

I live in a termite infested state....

That said i have an inside contract (they come one a year for whole house attic and spot treatment and inspection and then come whenever i see something)

Also have an outside contract which is quarterly treatments and they check the termite blocks (those pieces of wood stuck in the ground).

our new neighbor (who we share a wall with) wants to have the house tented before he moves in.....so there is that too....(and a pain for me since i'll have to move out for that)

lots of people just ignore termites here....the housekeepers sweep away the burrow debris and the homeowners have no clue, or they just are in denial or don't know what to look for....near the windows they think its pollen....  we just did a whole house gut and i found some old damage on the wood frames running perpendicular to the drywall...which would never be found on any type of inspection unless you rip out the drywall..which i have yet to see an inspector do........

Comment

Working...
            X