Pest Control Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pest Control Contract

Do people on here have these or just call as needed? If you have or have had one, do you think it’s worth it?

Any idea of what a normal monthly or annual cost would be? I assume it varies by house size - ours is around 3,000 sq. Ft.

For home or office?

We've done only on as needed basis...

Comment

For home. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Ours is roughly the same size house.   105 bi monthly service

Comment

San Diego - q3months $100 - scheduled; 3800 home; 8000 lot - knock down perimeter and all trees and bushes for nests.   Pet safe spray too;  at will service calls included too.

Comment

Depends on where you are and what pests you are talking about.
            We never had it until we had a major hornet problem. Giant nest busted through my ceiling and literally hundreds of them all over the house. I was super impressed with the work they did for us especially since it was after hours. So we kept them on going after.

Comment

Contract not needed in my opinion. Well maybe if you live in Florida, where I hear the roaches are the size of drones maybe. I think contract leads to excessive chemicals 4x a year.

I've always preferred one time services even if I pay a little more. Don't like exposing myself or my family to the chemicals no matter what the companies say about their supposed safety.

I do think if you live in a southern state though you're going to probably benefit from twice yearly services. We try to keep indoor spraying to a minimum, asking the companies to focus on outdoor perimeter twice a year, indoors once.

Recently went > 12 months no spraying indoors/outdoors at all , not due to cost but because forgot to set it up, and that led to seeing a few roaches so that was a lesson learned.

Comment

I guess it depends what you want them for.  Are you trying to get the raccoon out or just keep the local ant population tamped down?

We had something living in our attic and the only option to get help was to sign a contract.  Kept them on for a few years, $100/quarter.  When we got honey bees, they suggested we part ways--not sure if it was because they didn't want to kill our bees or they didn't want us eating what they were spraying.  Either way, it is kind of disgusting to consider.

We muddle through without them.

Comment

Depending on what you are trying to control, DIY spraying may not be too difficult.

We have a termite protection plan which I am not convinced makes any sense.  Previous homeowners had it and they come out and inspect once a year and will treat if needed for free.  The inspection isn't all that convincing.

Comment

Is this a real thing? Maybe it’s regional? Maybe not. The doctors house sucks. I already pay $200/month for lawn mowing. $2000/year for mulch. $1000/year for grass treatments. A crapload (albeit intermittent) for tree pruning. I feel such pressure to “keep up with the Jones” lawn. Pests? This post makes me think I’m slacking...

Comment

@DCdoc Pest control is a real thing that impacts you lot more than mulch ($2k? holy crap) or lawn moving.

Comment

Sounds like another unnecessary recurring expense. If anyone is interested I found a product that works very well for ants, and another for flies.

Comment

Sounds like another unnecessary recurring expense. If anyone is interested I found a product that works very well for ants, and another for flies.

The little kitchen ants? They have been relentless this year and the bait traps I used to swear by haven't worked the past two seasons.

OP I have a termite contract $100 a year, no clue what they do but supposedly they guarantee against termites. I haven't seen any.

Comment

Click to expand…

The little kitchen ants? They have been relentless this year and the bait traps I used to swear by haven’t worked the past two seasons.

OP I have a termite contract $100 a year, no clue what they do but supposedly they guarantee against termites. I haven’t seen any.

Advion, you can get from amazon. Works amazing. Way better than anything from the store. I think this is what the pest people use, so I just saved you money

4 Tubes Dupont Advion Ant Gel Bait w/ 1 Plunger (30 grams per Tube) ~~ Kill Argentine , Big Headed , Carpenter , Cornfield , Crazy , Field , Ghost , Harvester , Honey , Little Black , Odorous House , Pavement , Pharaoh , Pyramid , Red Imported Fire Ant , Rover , Thief and White Footed ~ Better then Maxforce Intice & Terro Best Pest Control for Ants On the Market !! 6666305 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TXFE4RI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ohWBDbB7PZVXS

Comment

Awesome - thanks for the info!

Agreed it may seem like an extra expense.  Where I live, it seems like a pretty common thing for people to do - more so even just for the preventative aspects of what the exterminator can do.  I think we'll forgo it for now though.

Comment

Working...
                              X