X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stickied Blog Posts?

How often do these things come out? I thought we were getting spammed by the Chinese again.

someone cranked the autopost machine up to 11
    my radiology group is hiring, pm if you can do msk and are interested

Comment

I know I'm confused. Why are they stickied? I admit I haven't clicked on them but it looks like we have a stickied post about pofs recent blog post plus a thread about said blog post. I don't think the stickies are working . . .

Comment

I'm presuming (I really don't know) that WCI just turned "on" this feature & its catching up like a 1 time deal. Caught me off guard when I logged on.

Comment

Either TPP writes 5 posts a day or you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
            How often do these things come out? I thought we were getting spammed by the Chinese again.
            I guess I will give it some time to see if I come around to it, but this sure clutters up things. I get PoF's blog and sometimes read it (I mean, I am a physician, FI, and (almost) RE...so I feel like I have a duty). I don't read TPP's...nor PMD's...nor any of the republished/recycled posts...but I guess it's about to get all sent my way anyhow. Ok....

Comment

Ha ha. That wasn't what was supposed to happen. There should have only been one from each. Hopefully it'll be fine going forward, but we'll see. As far as the "sticky" bit, they're stickied for 48 hours after posting. Sorry about that. Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming.
              Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

No offense intended. I realize the interrelated blogs are of interest to WCI, full disclosure I guess it’s more financial than literary.

If one wants to peruse another blog, feel free. It feel like spam. Was looking for a filter capability. The old way was normally relevant to a post and discussion.

Conceptually, it’s a violation of the policies.
                No posting of links without a point about why it might be of interest (I know, that’s not the actual rule. That’s how most take it.)

Comment

I think an actual compromise might be the latest one from each of them and when a new one is put up the old one is un-stickied. If there is still interest in the old ones, it will rise to the top due to the replies to the blog post.

I agree with stickying the recent ones. WCI has to maximize the financial success of the forum and blog. As I tell my daughter quite frequently, money does not grow on trees but by hard work ( and she rolls her eyes and says yeah, yeah)

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    No offense intended. I realize the interrelated blogs are of interest to WCI, full disclosure I guess it’s more financial than literary.

If one wants to peruse another blog, feel free. It feel like spam. Was looking for a filter capability. The old way was normally relevant to a post and discussion.

Conceptually, it’s a violation of the policies.
                    No posting of links without a point about why it might be of interest (I know, that’s not the actual rule. That’s how most take it.)
                    What's the old way? I just added the RSS feeds this week. This is all brand new.

The reason it might be of interest is it is a WCI Network post posted on the WCI forum.

Spam? I think maybe we need to leave some of the spam posts up so you can see what spam looks like. Here are some examples from the comments left on the blog in the last 10 minutes:

CONTINETAL LOAN COMPANY OFFERS 3% INTEREST LOAN TO THEIR CUSTOMERS, WE ARE BENT ON EASING THE STRESS OF TAKING PAY DAY AND CREDIT CARD LOAN, WHICH ATTRACT A HUGE INTEREST AND STIFFER PENALTIES WHEN YOU ACCIDENTALLY DEFAULT THEIR PAYMENT, WE OFFER VARIETIES OF LOANS, WHICH INCLUDES:
                    SCHOOL FEES LOAN
                    CAR LOAN
                    PERSONAL LOAN
                    HOUSE LOAN
                    INSURANCE LOAN
                    CHRISTMAS LOAN
                    BACK TO SCHOOL LOAN.
                    YOU CAN CONTACT US TODAY ON OUR EMAIL ON: [email protected]

Loe travel , best offers here ! https://expedia.com

538445 837200Chaga mushroom tea leaf is thought-about any adverse health elixir at Spain, Siberia and a lot of n . Countries in europe sadly contains before you go ahead significantly avoidable the main limelight under western culture. Mushroom 344027

youtube conjurs relationship assistance

maintaining in line with its thailand brides aim to take on cell romance applications equivalent to Tinder and as a result Bumble, facebook that has extended that it is dating sites make available test to help two cutting edge nations around the world the us and Thailand.

“youtube internet dating” customer service test was first produced located in Colombia september. offer available user integration with groupings and as well as instances the actual market social networking console with to complete to persuade folks to meet in public.

bay area, nov 9 hanging on to consistent with its aim to take on on the move personals programs which include Tinder in addition,yet Bumble, bebo gives you expanded the tonneau’s relationships element test that will help two spanking new lands nova scotia and Thailand,facebook game romance” program test was announced living in Colombia september. the feature there rider plug-in with test groups and after that games your social networking proposal with the particular to persuade folks to meet in public areas. the particular screening near the us but Thail, squidoo shows fresh uses. especially is an element known as the “Second be on the lookout” that enables users in reconsider a most recent plan. now someone can temporary halt identical for fear that they are no longer seeking to date, each edge claimed of around thurs,this. twitter chief executive officer commemorate Zuckerberg formerly claimed the request at the business’s F8 keynote, known to be known by names like F8 developer convention located in San Jose, washington dc operating in can 2018.(IANS).

A lot of thanks for each of your work on this web page. Ellie really likes conducting research and it is obvious why. Most people hear all of the powerful tactic you give reliable solutions on this website and attract participation from other individuals about this area and our own daughter is actually being taught a lot of things. Take advantage of the remaining portion of the year. Your doing a splendid job.

That's what spam looks like. Are these RSS posts promotional? Absolutely. And yes, I am going to continue to promote the WCI business on the WCI Forum. That's not new and it's very unlikely to change. In fact, it's one of the main purposes of the forum.
                    Last edited by Doc Spouse; 12-14-2019, 04:44 PM. Reason: Replaced emails/links so they get no SEO juice
                    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

• Tim
                      Tim commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The WCI Blog is a different flavor. That is the only point. I get "spam" from companies I do business with. Well, advertising is a better choice of words. You have business too. Completely up to you.
                      "Zuckerberg formerly claimed the request at the business’s F8 keynote," that one is great! Thanks for the reminder. You were up late too.

Originally posted by Kamban View Post
                    I think an actual compromise might be the latest one from each of them and when a new one is put up the old one is un-stickied. If there is still interest in the old ones, it will rise to the top due to the replies to the blog post.

I agree with stickying the recent ones. WCI has to maximize the financial success of the forum and blog. As I tell my daughter quite frequently, money does not grow on trees but by hard work ( and she rolls her eyes and says yeah, yeah)
                    Those guys post about 3 times a week, so being stickied for 48 hours should be one at a time. Not sure exactly why the first time it posted the last dozen posts, but it seems to be working now. I post 6 times a week so I suppose I could unsticky mine after 24 hours.

Comment

As I’ve said before, I like the idea of the blog being posted to the forum, for further discussion. Some will inspire a lot of discussion and others not as much.

Comment

I like the idea of the sticky going forward. I think it'll be better once it is down to one from each of the blogs. I tend not to read passive income's or physician philosophers post regularly but maybe this will encourage me to read more of the interesting ones.

Comment

Originally posted by The White Coat Investor View Post

Those guys post about 3 times a week, so being stickied for 48 hours should be one at a time. Not sure exactly why the first time it posted the last dozen posts, but it seems to be working now. I post 6 times a week so I suppose I could unsticky mine after 24 hours.
                          "As I tell my daughter quite frequently, money does not grow on trees but by hard work ( and she rolls her eyes and says yeah, yeah)". WCI listens.

Compliments to WCI for the new Forum. Kudo's to WCI for being open minded regarding potential changes. The effort made to consider business and user friendly suggestions is a very rare commodity today. I for one, greatly appreciate it. I hope the cross links eventual settle down and provide value. From a content standpoint, I would even welcome links to other blogs that WCI finds that might save him some effort in creating original content. I realize this crosses into the aggregator space but that is not the intend. Specific items that fit into the subject and target market, few and far between.

Comment

• The White Coat Investor
                            Editing a comment
                            We've considered going the aggregator route a la Doximity at some point. Don't have the manpower right now.

I changed it to 24 hours as a sticky for all the "discuss latest blog post" threads. If people keep discussing it, it'll hang around longer, otherwise it'll unsticky and start dropping off rapidly after day 1.

Comment

Working...
                          X