Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Bugs You Find With the Forum In This Post

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Adding photos to your profile generates a thread.

    Issue resolved. That's not a bug, it's a feature. And if you keep adding photos that have nothing to do with the purpose of this forum, you're going to find yourself suspended. And if the feature gets abused, it'll be turned off.
    Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 11-20-2019, 10:15 PM.

    Comment


    • fatlittlepig
      fatlittlepig commented
      Editing a comment
      Look, I added the photos because I thought it was an option to add photos to your account, like an about me section, I happen to enjoy photography. I did not think it was a forum wide album, and I was not trying to store anything on your site. Remove them for me, as I can't figure out how to delete them, and feel free to suspend my account if you wish.

  • How do I get the little "message me" icon to show up by my picture?
    And why do some (like @SLC_OB) have an icon with what looks like a mortarboard that says "start a conversation with me"? What's the difference? I just know I want one and I've checked every box in my profile that seems applicable.

    And, most important of all, WHAT DID CordMcNally DO TO DESERVE 5 ORANGE BARS, dadgumit?!?

    Issue resolved. You have an icon. Not sure why SLC_OB has a different one, but you certainly have one (I sent you a message). You can't see your own though because you can't send yourself a message.
    Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 11-21-2019, 11:21 AM.
    Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical professionals | 270-247-6087

    Comment


    • childay
      childay commented
      Editing a comment
      He's Mr Popularity

    • Tim
      Tim commented
      Editing a comment
      Its possible:
      *The new internet sensation that will use his influence and followers to crater the new forum.
      *It's possible good old Cord was extremely busy during the downtime liking all his posts.
      *It's possible, with two logins (violation of policy) good old Cord gets special treatment and waivers. Who knows how many other names he uses.
      *Most likely, good old Cord is just morphing into the next Buffet like legend online persona. Conspiracy theories are Cord is actually Buffet. Not sure about that one.

  • I like the conspiracy theories. Maybe Cord will fess up bwahahaha. But he cannot like his own posts - not allowed in the new and improved forum. I know that will give a lot of members great pleasure while causing great stress for one. That user, who will remain nameless, will have to be reincarnated under another persona to share his opinion, though.
    Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical professionals | 270-247-6087

    Comment


    • CordMcNally
      CordMcNally commented
      Editing a comment
      Apparently you can make mega bucks being something called an “Instagram influencer”. I’m trying to become the first “WCI influencer”. So far it’s paid $0.

  • "CordMcNally commented
    Today, 01:25 PM
    Apparently you can make mega bucks being something called an “Instagram influencer”. I’m trying to become the first “WCI influencer”. So far it’s paid $0."

    Keep it up and you'll be a high-paid mod and need to hire a financial planner!!!
    Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical professionals | 270-247-6087

    Comment


    • need a pro link in top right broken. goes to forum post.

      Comment


      • This is a really long thread and I did not have the patience to read everything so forgive me if this is redundant. The "likes" count is not working. I know FLP, Lordosis, G, Tim, and HikingDO like my comments so very much.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by EntrepreneurMD View Post
          This is a really long thread and I did not have the patience to read everything so forgive me if this is redundant. The "likes" count is not working. I know FLP, Lordosis, G, Tim, and HikingDO like my comments so very much.
          that’s not a bug that’s a feature

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post

            that’s not a bug that’s a feature
            No, no. When you click into the main page under forums for the most recently commented in threads, the page shows the number of likes in each thread (as well as views and comments) under the heading of "statistics". Although there are clearly likes within the thread, the like count shows up as 0 likes for the entire thread. It's not a big deal, just pointing it out. I'll send you a screen shot.
            Last edited by EntrepreneurMD; 11-22-2019, 06:27 PM.

            Comment


            • When I visit the site via iPhone I get a badge notification to login. Logging in fails but the badge disappears then comes back up every time I visit a new page on the site. If I click on login at the top of the page it works though and the badges top coming up.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Peds View Post
                need a pro link in top right broken. goes to forum post.
                Agreed. It should link to the actual post.
                Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical professionals | 270-247-6087

                Comment


                • Originally posted by EntrepreneurMD View Post

                  No, no. When you click into the main page under forums for the most recently commented in threads, the page shows the number of likes in each thread (as well as views and comments) under the heading of "statistics". Although there are clearly likes within the thread, the like count shows up as 0 likes for the entire thread. It's not a big deal, just pointing it out. I'll send you a screen shot.
                  I think that is only showing the likes for the original post in the thread.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Peds View Post
                    need a pro link in top right broken. goes to forum post.
                    Working on it. Guess I shouldn't have put the link up until I got around to making the landing page! I got distracted mid project.
                    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Nervous_Water View Post
                      When I visit the site via iPhone I get a badge notification to login. Logging in fails but the badge disappears then comes back up every time I visit a new page on the site. If I click on login at the top of the page it works though and the badges top coming up.
                      Badges? Can you send me a screenshot?
                      Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

                      Comment


                      • Nervous_Water
                        Nervous_Water commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I sent you a PM. May be my 1password causing the issue.

                    • Editing categories:
                      New topics are created within the category a poster is in. General and welcome will likely become a dumping ground. Things like taxes, contracts, investing won’t be understood (no slam on definitions) .
                      •As a general process (or lack thereof), new member topics should probably be put in the right category.
                      •An time a moderator sees a “Welcome/general”
                      that needs to be filed someplace else, fix it.

                      This really Jim question. If categories are of value, then to what extent is the process worth justify accuracy?
                      The old method the user guessed. The new method create a new topic wherever you are. Prediction? General/welcome will be the default.

                      Suggest Practice Management be changed to:
                      Practice Mgt/Employment/Contracts.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        Editing categories:
                        New topics are created within the category a poster is in. General and welcome will likely become a dumping ground. Things like taxes, contracts, investing won’t be understood (no slam on definitions) .
                        •As a general process (or lack thereof), new member topics should probably be put in the right category.
                        •An time a moderator sees a “Welcome/general”
                        that needs to be filed someplace else, fix it.

                        This really Jim question. If categories are of value, then to what extent is the process worth justify accuracy?
                        The old method the user guessed. The new method create a new topic wherever you are. Prediction? General/welcome will be the default.

                        Suggest Practice Management be changed to:
                        Practice Mgt/Employment/Contracts.
                        Agreed. That's an important job for moderators to do. I'll remind them.
                        Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X