No announcement yet.

Post Bugs You Find With the Forum In This Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having the same problem I had in the old forum in which latest posts not visible in a thread (in this case the holiday gifts thread).

Comment

• Originally posted by Lithium View Post
      Having the same problem I had in the old forum in which latest posts not visible in a thread (in this case the holiday gifts thread).
      Did you refresh the page? The last post I see there is # 9 from childay.
      Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

• Lithium
        Lithium commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. The last post I see is made by G.

• Lithium
        Lithium commented
        Editing a comment
        resolved after clearing cache

• The signature or quote after each post that some folk have looks too much like the post. It looks like a double post. More demarcation or different font maybe?

Also it was nice having the ability to know who were students, residents, docs, others... Is that coming back? I would not be opposed to a specialty selection as well.

Issue resolved. It's not coming back. Maybe you can start a trend of people putting it in their signatures, but that's the only place for it except doing it manually as you see in mine. What do you want yours to say?
      Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 11-26-2019, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Also it was nice having the ability to know who were students, residents, docs, others... Is that coming back? I would not be opposed to a specialty selection as well. [/QUOTE]

I agree... was nice also to know if people were MD/DO, DDS, Other Professionals, etc.
        Also, when I get quoted, I go to my inbox and press on it. It takes me to the top of the thread, not to the quote.
        Also, I got a private message and can not find the reply button, where is it?

Comment

• The White Coat Investor
          Editing a comment
          It was nice, but not happening. The second bug is already on the list. You have to open the message/conversation and then you type it like a regular forum post in the box at the bottom.

Comment

• I tried the search feature without any luck so I'm going to be one of those schmucks who adds the caveat that I haven't read every post although in all fairness there are 178.

Re: Quote feature
          I'm not a fan of it being embedded in the actual quoted comment because I generally go right to the most recent comments in a thread I'm following and may miss an interesting quoted comment. Also is there a way to like a quoted message?

Comment

• I agree the comment function is kinda clunky.

Comment

• Where did dark mode go? The default white background burns my eyes like the light of a million suns! (Okay, it's a little too bright if you're viewing on a phone in the evening. Too much hyperbole.)

Comment

• I didn't read through this entire thread but when I click on a thread it takes me to the first post, not the first unread despite being logged in. That was a nice feature of the previous forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by wa2106 View Post
                  I didn't read through this entire thread but when I click on a thread it takes me to the first post, not the first unread despite being logged in. That was a nice feature of the previous forum.
                  That little blue button to the left of the thread title will take you to the last read post. It's a little hard to click the correct button with your thumb on a phone, but the feature is there.

Comment

• Originally posted by wa2106 View Post
                    I didn't read through this entire thread but when I click on a thread it takes me to the first post, not the first unread despite being logged in. That was a nice feature of the previous forum.
                    I have just started hitting the "End" button on my keypad when I click on a post. Then "Home" when I'm ready to go back to the top. It would be very nice if a "return to top" button was embedded after posts, though!
                    Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical professionals | 270-247-6087

Comment

• Discovered a major bug. A user named Fatlittlepig has the same reputation bars as the white coat investor.

Comment

• jacoavlu
                        jacoavlu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        not for long...

• Originally posted by fatlittlepig View Post
                      Discovered a major bug. A user named Fatlittlepig has the same reputation bars as the white coat investor.
                      I think you blew right by him
                      Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical professionals | 270-247-6087

Comment

• Originally posted by Hank View Post
                        Where did dark mode go? The default white background burns my eyes like the light of a million suns! (Okay, it's a little too bright if you're viewing on a phone in the evening. Too much hyperbole.)
                        Yeah I no longer see any of the color options.

Comment

• The White Coat Investor
                          Editing a comment
                          That's weird. Dunno. Let me turn it back on. Still works for me. Let me log out and try with a test account. Nope, doesn't work. Something broke. The setting is on but it isn't working. I'll have the developer look at it. Until then, wear sunglasses.
                          Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 12-03-2019, 09:45 PM.

• Same here, lost dark mode. This blazing white background means I have to turn on my room light. Now my monitor & room light bulb are burning electricity.

Comment

Working...
                        X