Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

Hello!, Im Enrique, lurker of the site since 2016  and never posted before. Im an Intensivist.

Welcome, Tartesos! Sounds like you started lurking close to the inception of the forum!

Leave a comment:

• Tartesos
    replied
    Hello!, Im Enrique, lurker of the site since 2016  and never posted before. Im an Intensivist.

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

Hey guys. Been following WCI since nearly the beginning, but have always just been a lurker. The advice I’ve found here has really changed my financial future. Going to the conference inspired me to dip my toes into posting a little bit and getting to know people. Anesthesiologist, originally from Salt Lake, but I’ve been in Nashville for almost 10 years now.

Welcome to the club!

Leave a comment:

• drj37
    replied
    Hey guys. Been following WCI since nearly the beginning, but have always just been a lurker. The advice I've found here has really changed my financial future. Going to the conference inspired me to dip my toes into posting a little bit and getting to know people. Anesthesiologist, originally from Salt Lake, but I've been in Nashville for almost 10 years now.

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

Hi all. I’m a first year resident in the Southeast. Like others, I’ve been lurking for a little while here, always trying to read up as much as I can.

Is there a generalized thread to ask quick questions in, or do I need to start a new thread for that?

Click on Categories to see what is the best fit for your topic or go to Beginners Helping Beginners

Leave a comment:

• adventure
    replied

Hi all. I’m a first year resident in the Southeast. Like others, I’ve been lurking for a little while here, always trying to read up as much as I can.

Is there a generalized thread to ask quick questions in, or do I need to start a new thread for that?

Welcome - just start a new thread - no worries there.

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

Academic primary care doc married to military (non-doc) spouse.  Long time lurker, really appreciate all the great info on the site!

Welcome to the forum and please thank your spouse for his/her service.

Leave a comment:

• mpdoc
    replied
    Academic primary care doc married to military (non-doc) spouse.  Long time lurker, really appreciate all the great info on the site!

Leave a comment:

• DynamicHipScrew
    replied
    Hi all. I'm a first year resident in the Southeast. Like others, I've been lurking for a little while here, always trying to read up as much as I can.

Leave a comment:

• SerrateAndDominate
    replied
    Hi all!  Also a long-time lurker, first time poster.  I'm  a PGY-4 Path resident who should probably be studying more for boards.  Gearing up for GI and Dermpath fellowships next.  My wife is a dentist (clearly the smart one).  I've followed this site for a couple of years and had the chance to see Jim speak twice at the med school in town.  Learning the ropes, recovering from mistakes, and pushing in the right direction.  This site has been really great for me, and like anything else we learn, repetition and discovery go a long way.

Always try to cite this site and its info to my coworkers, especially my assistant chief who keeps talking about buying a boat.

Leave a comment:

• MidSouthWest2thDoc
    replied
    Long time lurker, first time poster. Finishing up dental school in the central part of the country, just signed up for a job out west.

Leave a comment:

• GasFIRE
    replied
    Great site. I found this by way of the PhysicianonFIRE blog and now enjoy both. I've been a private practice anesthesiologist now for 27 years. I've been a DIY investor my whole career, have learned a lot by trial and error, and like reading what others think about various financial/investment topics. Similar to PonF I considered myself FI in 2007 because I reached my $ target. Having witnessed Black Monday in residency and going through the dot-com bust, I thought a financial stress test would be good before making any career altering decisions. Sure enough, the Great Recession comes crashing down upon us but I survived the financial bruises and have thrived during the subsequent bull market.   As my finances recovered I started to encountered some serious physician burn out issues.   While looking for an exit strategy from my very large group practice,  a part-time opportunity without any call or non-clinical duties  presented itself so I left and haven't looked back. I've been in this part-time practice for six years now and it's been amazing. Since my only duty is to take care of patients, I rediscovered my passion for medicine.  Now I don't know when I will actually retire because I no longer feel the need to and have enough free time to pursue other activities like reading WCI!

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied
    Belated welcome to you, actuaryonfire and I look forward to hearing more from you!

Leave a comment:

• actuaryonfire
    replied
    Oooh I missed this thread and did not formally introduce myself. I now feel like I've gate-crashed the party grabbed handfuls of snacks, stuffed some bottles of beer into my jacket, and run out again without saying hello. Actually this is pretty standard operating procedure for actuaries who are pretty introverted, so careful about inviting us to your parties...

I work in consulting and my clients are large institutional investors like pension funds, endowments and the like. I have three kids of varying ages and the eldest is approaching college age and wants to study medicine - thus condemning me to a life of penury.

I'm not a physician, but I am a doctor. (Of mathematics - yay for math!)

I also run a blog (who doesn't tbh?) where I blog on whatever interests me, with a lean towards applications to personal finance.

Leave a comment:

• hospitalist md
    replied
    hospitalist for 2 yrs now. married to a hem onc fellow who will graduate in 2018. looking forward to that for sure!!.  Heard about this site in residency but got around to exploring it only recently. Its a huge resource for somebody like me. It almost makes investing and saving fun!!! who would have thought??? looking forward to learning much more about financial management

Leave a comment:

Working...
X