No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a surgeon living and working in NYC.  In the middle of my second year as an attending at an academic affiliate hospital.

Very grateful for WCI and all the guidance it has provided to date.  I am admittedly a rookie when it comes to personal finance issues, and I'm just starting to learn the vocabulary to even understand some of the more semi-advanced concepts.

Comment

Hi, all, CPA since 1980 who decided to become a fee-only CFP at age 50. Wife, mom of 2 adults and 1 dog, Nana of 3-soon-to-be-5, and love the challenge of running 2 businesses and helping others. Enjoy working out and spend my down time in the kitchen trying new things, practicing knife skills, and trying to keep all of my fingers attached. Beau, my miniature Aussie, accompanies me most days and loves to herd us around the offices. Have been following WCI for about 3 years now and continue to be blown away by the knowledge of the participants, especially WCI, who keeps me humble about how smart I think I am. Looking forward to learning more and jumping in now and then.
      Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical professionals | 270-247-6087

Comment

Hi !

I am a pulmonary critical care doc in the South. Wife is an MD at academic center. I've been in private practice since 2002. Have been investing on my own past 3 yrs. Goals are to not only invest wisely but keep things simple--use vanguard for most investments except for my 401k and wife's 403b.

Good luck to all and thanks to Dr Dahle for such great work you do.

Comment

Hello,
          Part of a two physician couple that is still in residency and has several more years to go. We are pretty frugal financially and have been reading WCI for the last 1.5 years.

-PD

Comment

Comment

Canadian dentist here, 3yrs out of school, with an Internal Med R1 gf. Almost paid off school debts, aiming to start stockpiling and investing lots of $ this year!

Comment

I'm chris and I've been an EM attending for three years currently working part time (120 hr/mo) clinically and as an adjunct professor at my local medical school. I was introduced to WCI as a resident and subsequently came across the Bogleheads forum and have been managing my own finances since. Thank you WCI for all you've taught me thus far.

Comment

Anesthesiologist, family man, supposed outdoors enthusiast who spends way too much time indoors.  Showing strong potential to become an early retiree.

Comment

Hi all!  ED director here in DFW; practicing for 2.5 years; big time fan of this site and philosophies!

Comment

PGY4 pathologist here, will be going to NYC for molecular fellowship next year then be looking for academic and industry combinations of work. I am completely blown away (while being heavily involved) with the progress and potential of next generation sequencing technology.

DINK for now...

I'm most interested in knowing how we can travel as much as possible without screwing everything else up. Have a low burn lifestyle outside of travel so think I can FI by age 45 (14 years) to open up possibilities slow travel and/or dedicated technology development.

Religiously read WCI on MWF for last 2 years. I also enjoy mrmoneymustache forum.  Another passion of mine is bike commuting. Have blog on that topic that I wish I had more time for.

Comment

Hi! I'm a new dermatology attending in the NYC area in academics. Got exposed to white coat last year of residency by a fellow resident. Excited to be a part of this community!

Comment

I'm a private practice pediatrician near Reading, PA, from Philly originally. Out of residency since 2008. My wife is a quadruple-board certified!! pathologist (AP, CP, hemepath, and blood banking), works at a major public university hospital system, she finished her training in 2010. We met as first year med students and got married just before graduation in 2004. No kids....ever. I absolutely love this site, have been following it for years. I recommend it to all my colleagues.

I find personal finance and investing fascinating and so rewarding. If I wasn't a physician I'd likely be a a CFP! Our mortgage will be paid off in 6 months, and our student loans will be paid off in just under 30 months. We save 30% of our income, and our discretionary spending was only 18% of our gross income last year. We will be ready for retirement well before age 50, if we wanted to. We definitely practice what WCI preaches!

Comment

MSK radiologist few years in private practice. Consider many ER docs I have never met as friends due to the hundreds of times I have talked to them on the phone.  Have a few splurges such as house/vacations but otherwise wife and I haven't changed spending habits significantly from residency.  Allowed us to save large chunk of salary.  Believer in Boglehead/WCI investing philosophy. Saving towards early retirement but then I wonder if I really will retire when I get a big enough nest egg as I love my job.  At least I will have the option to cut back then or maybe go part time.

Nothing gets under my skin like high investment costs...except maybe abuse of STAT orders for routine imaging procedures.

Comment

Hi gang,

GI doc in SoCal.  "Met"WCI when he still AD MD on the SDN military forum and have enjoyed/learned a lot since then.  Now work for a very large multispeciality group.  Laughed when I read WCI's comment about not living in San Diego.  What can I say.

G-pathy

Comment

I'm a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and the founder of Physician Financial Services. I've spent the last twenty five years (yes, right out of college as I'm still what I consider to be young) working exclusively with physicians in the areas of disability insurance, life insurance and wealth accumulation strategies. I have clients in every state and in all medical specialties. As most WCI readers are, I'm extremely detail oriented and have a thirst for continuing education both inside and outside of my industry

Comment

Working...
                                X