No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all!   Found the WCI site about 3 months after graduation.  Has saved my bacon.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Me = Orthodontist in private practice.  Solo with two offices.  Wife = SAHM with our little ones.

Found WCI a while back.  Glad I did!

Comment

Greetings.  I'm an anesthesiologist in the New Orleans area.  Private practice.  John Bogle fan for many years.  Now a WCI fan as well.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am in orthopedic surgery, now in my fellowship.  The WCI site has truly been a life changing resource. I’m stoked for the forum! Any ortho attendings or residents out there?

Ortho resident here, applying for fellowships.

Been here since the early beginnings, stumbled upon it in medical school.  Since then, been really living like a resident, maxing out Roth IRA, refinanced with Link Capital, and got myself a good financial advisor.

Comment

3rd year of med school right now. Wife is a stay at home mom. Found the blog around a year ago and I share it with everyone I can.

Comment

Dermatology attending, started following WCI as a fellow

Comment

MS4 hoping to match into Anesthesia in March. Learned to manage finances in college listening to Clark Howard. Glad to find WCI in med school. My wife just graduated nursing school, and we are looking forward to having our first income!

Comment

My name is Steven. I'm an electrical engineer, my wife is a child neuro resident. We're from Georgia but currently in North Carolina for residency. I've been reading WCI for probably two years. We've been married 5 1/2 years. We've implemented about every bit of advice on WCI's blog that applies to us - we rent (thought about buying, WCI was a factor in that decision), save 30%+ of our combined gross income, have a plan for our med school loans (PSLF for us - thank you, fellow citizens), and invest in tax advantaged low cost mutual funds and ETFs with a set asset allocation. We have a fee-only, hourly financial adviser whom I pay once a year to provide some third-party eyes, and I manage money myself. I'm the household money nerd and enjoy reading/listening to WCI, Stacking Benjamins, Clark Howard, and Market Fool Money. Super excited about the new forum.

Comment

practicing emergency physician 10 years post-residency.  thanks to my wife, we have lived fairly frugally and have aggressively paid off debt (no loans or mortgage!).  finally took ownership of my retirement about 2 years ago after falling prey to bad investment advisors (high ER, front-loaded funds, variable annuity).  Dove head-first into world of Bogleheads and WCI and have now set myself on course for an early retirement thanks to them.

Comment

I am a psychiatrist (both child and adult) in NYC suburbs, in private practice and also work in a number of other settings, 5 years out of fellowship, initially found WCI on Sermo (to which I am addicted! LOL).  I am far from being a finances guru as some of you are, but have learned a ton from WCI and hope to learn more!

Comment

Howdy,

My name is Josh and I've been married to my best friend for 11 years.  We have 3.5 kiddos (wife is due this month), and I am a general dentist in a small Texas town.  I completed an AEGD residency in 2013 and bought an existing practice in the Spring of 2014.  I'm in a ton of debt with both student loans and the business...no other debt, but we do want to eventually buy a home.  I found WCI about a year and half ago and it has become my financial gospel.  I tell everyone I can about it and couldn't be more excited about the forum.  I've read the book and will reread again and again.

Love aviation hence my name and avatar...anyone else been to the Reno Air Races?

Comment

Hi, I'm a viticulturist......imagining your confusion with my specialty. I'm a believer in simplicity, automation, low costs and consistency (have a plan). I've learned about solo-401k employER contributions having separate limits from W-2 401k - thanks, WCI. I've enjoyed the comment threads, too. Looking forward to conversations here.

Comment

Hi, I’m a viticulturist……imagining your confusion with my specialty.

viticulturist? You mean like Jeff Dunham?  

Comment

That's awesome Haha

Comment

Hi all. I'm dru, general pediatrician 1.5 years out of residency out here on the West Coast, part of a large group practice. Spent my NICU call nights in residency reading WCI and several books. Have over 300k in loans but aggressively paying down, even as a general pedi this is very doable. I shudder to think where we'd be without the knowledge I've gained from Jim, his recommend books, and the bogleheads. Really excited about the forum

Comment

Working...
                                X