Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am early in my career as a tax and financial planner thanks to a 24-year detour through the US Navy. I am a committed Boglehead and have seen WCI mentioned a few times on their forums. Thought I'd check it out. I read through the "Whole Life Myths" posts and comments for most of the afternoon and found myself fist pumping in the air a few times. Great stuff. Seemed like a good forum for me to join, communicate with like-minded folks, and maybe even contribute a little here and there.

Comment

• Hello everyone. I'm a management consultant that specializes in operations management, sales operations, process improvement. I found WCI because of my wife, who is a PGY-2 in pediatrics. I'm an avid consumer of all things personal finance, investment, and business.

I've been reading WCI for years now, and very much enjoy this forum and have shared what I've learned with many of friends in medicine. I'm continually amazed by the lack of motivation from med students/residents/and even some physicians about their financial health. Most just keep punting the big life decisions down the road and refuse to be proactive.

Look forward to interacting much more with many of you on this board.

Comment

• I am early in my career as a tax and financial planner thanks to a 24-year detour through the US Navy. I am a committed Boglehead and have seen WCI mentioned a few times on their forums. Thought I’d check it out. I read through the “Whole Life Myths” posts and comments for most of the afternoon and found myself fist pumping in the air a few times. Great stuff. Seemed like a good forum for me to join, communicate with like-minded folks, and maybe even contribute a little here and there.

Thank you for your service, @PDAllen-EA, and welcome to the forum!
        Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

• Hello everyone. I’m a management consultant that specializes in operations management, sales operations, process improvement. I found WCI because of my wife, who is a PGY-2 in pediatrics. I’m an avid consumer of all things personal finance, investment, and business.

I’ve been reading WCI for years now, and very much enjoy this forum and have shared what I’ve learned with many of friends in medicine. I’m continually amazed by the lack of motivation from med students/residents/and even some physicians about their financial health. Most just keep punting the big life decisions down the road and refuse to be proactive.

Welcome, @lilsnappa! Curious about the handle, hmmmm? You have chosen a fantastic hobby, particularly given your wife's profession - look forward to hearing more from you!
          Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

• Hi all!  I'm an ER doc in a community practice in California.  Been out of residency for 9 years (where did the time go!?) and found WCI a year ago.  Bummed I missed out on several years of his wise advice but taking full advantage now and hopefully on track for early retirement.

Comment

• @lilsnappa! Curious about the handle, hmmmm?

It's a combination of an inside joke, being from South Louisiana, and the preference for anonymity.  8-)

Comment

• CFP at Aspen Wealth Management, an independent, fee-only firm.

Fifteen years in Healthcare Management.  Loved healthcare and all those that make medicine work.  AND loved financial planning.  Married my two professional loves together and serve the health care industry.

Serve MDs, DOs, nurses, PAs, NPs CRNAs, and all others that want/need financial education and advice.

Comment

• CFP at Aspen Wealth Management, an independent, fee-only firm.

Fifteen years in Healthcare Management.  Loved healthcare and all those that make medicine work.  AND loved financial planning.  Married my two professional loves together and serve the health care industry.

Serve MDs, DOs, nurses, PAs, NPs CRNAs, and all others that want/need financial education and advice.

Welcome to the asylum, cscholz  !

Comment

• Hi all!  I’m an ER doc in a community practice in California.  Been out of residency for 9 years (where did the time go!?) and found WCI a year ago.  Bummed I missed out on several years of his wise advice but taking full advantage now and hopefully on track for early retirement.

Nice to meet you, @Amyolin - you've found the right place!

Comment

• Hi everyone,  I am in my second year of PCCM fellowship. Currently negotiating contracts for 2018. Married to a nurse with one kid, one on the way. I have been following this site for the past couple of years. I am also a proud owner of the WCI book and introduced the site and book to many of my colleagues and friends. Most of my colleagues are not even aware of the retirement plan offered by the hospital for example. Definitely an eye opener. I wish I knew about the site earlier but definitely catching up.

Keep up the great work.

Comment

• Hi all!!!

I'm Chris,
                        I am an incoming MS1 and found the WCI when I started getting anxiety about how much school was going to cost me. I read Dr. Dahle's blog posts and decided to apply early decision to my local state school to save money (in retrospect I may have been better trying to move to Texas but hindsight is 20/20.) I got accepted to school and have been working as a medical assitant in a physiatry pain practice and trying to soak up as much personal finance information as possible before school.

I want to get this right the first time because I don't want to work so hard to become a physician and then have to worry about money when I'm 50. My family "sucks at money" and I promise myself that I won't anymore!!!

Right now I am interested in a surgical sub-specialties or possibly EM but let's see how school and step 1 goes...

Comment

• I'm an ob-gyn 3 years out of residency. Have been reading WCI for a little while but just made it official with my very own username. Married to an engineer, with one kid. Also sent my sister to this website- she just graduated from law school and will have similar financial issues, minus the residency part.

Comment

• A 3-fer! Welcome, BREATHEASYFINANCEStrider_91 (Chris), and  LizOB; looking forward to interacting with you. Keep sharing - WCI is one of the best gifts you can pass along to your friends and family.

Comment

• Hi everyone!

I am a radiologist and long-time reader of WCI. Like many physicians, I got the hard sell for a whole life insurance policy near the end of my residency. During a frantic web research session the night before the follow-up meeting, I stumbled upon this website, and the rest is history.

My wife is also a physician (pediatrics), but despite my best efforts her eyes glaze over when I bring up personal finance. I'm glad at least one of us likes it  We have a 3-year-old son with another child coming in July, so I will be sure to stop by here when I'm up in the wee hours this summer.

The WCI and PoF (another inspiring blog!) have both been kind enough to visit my humble website (www.mycuriositylab.com), and I welcome you all to stop by if you like. It seems there is gang of radiologist bloggers lurking in dark offices near and far, and I'm thrilled to join their ranks. I write about a variety of topics, including personal finance, FIRE, travel, self-experimentation, and parenting. Basically anything I find interesting.

I look forward to some great discussions here!

Dr. C

Comment

• Hullo to all!

I'm a former engineer turned stay at home dad, and got into reading the likes of WCI, among others, a few months ago. My wife is finishing up her surgical intern year soon and then we will be traveling to Japan to fulfill her obligation to the AF as a flight doc. We've been using YNAB to budget our expenses for the past few years with some success, but were completely blind to the concept of building wealth (it turns out that budgeting's usefulness is severely limited if you don't pay yourself first!). Luckily I've found this and other financial blogs, and am confident that we are at least making the right steps towards FI.

I love reading the immense amount of content and comments that already exists here and trying to think about whether or not it applies to our situation, tinkering with spreadsheets and calculators, and exploring the best ways to define and achieve our financial goals. The best part is that it's given me the confidence and just enough knowledge so far to actually do something about it. Both my wife and I now have Roth IRAs which are being maxed out (hers is a TSP Roth), and we plan to use an upcoming increase in income to fund her Traditional TSP up to the 5% match, at the very least, that will be available to us in 2018. After reading/learning for a few months, I now see a huge gap in my education that's been missing, and I've just started to scratch an itch I didn't know existed. WCI is responsible for being the catalyst for our change. So my future self sincerely thanks you Dr. Dahle!

At the end of the day, I just want to educate myself so I can stop doing dumb things with our money.

Comment

Working...
                                X