Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm an ophthalmologist, married to a dentist. We've been missionaries abroad for the last 5 years and planning to make the transition next year back to life in the U.S. as a dual doctor income family. So glad to have been introduced to WCI and this forum; have been reading dozens of posts daily over the last 3 weeks to familiarize myself with Doctor finance issues. Thanks, WCI!!!

Comment

• Hi - I am a solo private practice psychiatrist.  I live in a lively household with a large family, animals, and now grandma with advanced dementia. My dh is a pathologist at the local hospital.  I found the website looking for ways to maximize earnings and savings in my practice.  Thank you WCI for what you do.

Comment

• Hi – I am a solo private practice psychiatrist.  I live in a lively household with a large family, animals, and now grandma with advanced dementia. My dh is a pathologist at the local hospital.  I found the website looking for ways to maximize earnings and savings in my practice.  Thank you WCI for what you do.

Welcome to the forum - I love your screen name! Are the goats for pets, livestock, or mowing? We have a small herd of miniature goats - my DH keeps promising to start a petting zoo, but so far he's just collecting a variety of animals. (Fresh eggs are nice, though!)
        Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

• Thank you for your welcome!  Goats are just pets to me.  Fresh eggs are the best.  We have chickens and ducks laying eggs. We do eat our pigs when they start looking like bacon.  I've thought about using the animals as "therapy" and writing off their feed bills.  Not seriously, of course.

Comment

• Interesting.  I used to have several goats.  They are great pets.  I currently have 19 black angus cows and a rescue donkey.

Comment

• Interesting.  I used to have several goats.  They are great pets.  I currently have 19 black angus cows and a rescue donkey.

We have a guard donkey - have you ever heard of that? In addition to the Great Pyr's, the donkey is very good at keep coyotes away from the lambs and miniature goats. He's very shy with humans but will eat out of my hand.
              Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

• Hello everybody! I'm Luay and am completing my Neuromuscular Fellowship. Getting ready to transition to real world, and aim to work in private practice.

My wife is finishing Child Psychiatry Fellowship, and will work for Indian Health Service.

Looking forward to contributing and connecting with other WCI members.

Comment

Click to expand…

We have a guard donkey – have you ever heard of that? In addition to the Great Pyr’s, the donkey is very good at keep coyotes away from the lambs and miniature goats. He’s very shy with humans but will eat out of my hand.

My donkey is very friendly.  Loves females. Will eat out of my hand also.  My rescue great pyr/pit bull is a big chicken.  The people we rescued the donkey from were using her to guard miniature horses. How big is your farm Johanna?

Comment

• How big is your farm Johanna?

lol, we have a flexible farm. My husband developed about 100 acres for a subdivision but we have not tried to sell lots and so he just uses as much land as needed for the animals. There are a couple of barns at opposite edges and a huge lake so it's kind of natural for a farm-that's-not-a-farm. There are only 2 houses here, ours and a young doctor family and I like it that way. Don't have to worry about traffic when jogging and walking my Aussie, really nice. He has also closed down a golf course next to it that was unprofitable and is planning to convert that to the petting zoo. Sorry such a long story. We have miniature horses, too.

Comment

• We have a 20 acre place with a pre civil war house and several out buildings.  I consider this my husbands hobby.

Comment

• We have a 20 acre place with a pre civil war house and several out buildings.  I consider this my husbands hobby.

I guess I should admit that is the same for mine :-)

Comment

• IM intern in Washington state, trying to support a family of 7 on an intern's salary while still maxing out my employer match

Comment

• IM intern in Washington state, trying to support a family of 7 on an intern’s salary while still maxing out my employer match

Welcome to the forum!

Wow. You are sure to be an inspiration to other residents on this forum. Hope you comment often!

Comment

• Hi everyone. I'm an EM intern, military, married with 3 kids. I've been reading the site since I discovered it during my last year of medical school. I love the content and the community. Keep up the great work WCI team.

Comment

• Hi everyone. I’m an EM intern, military, married with 3 kids. I’ve been reading the site since I discovered it during my last year of medical school. I love the content and the community. Keep up the great work WCI team.

Welcome and thank you for your service!

Comment

Working...
                                X