Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the group, Bo! Look forward to learning from you!
    Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

• Hey all, I am 32 yo in my final year of radiology residencey. I will be doing my interventional radiology fellowship next year. I came across WCI and bogleheads about 4 years back and have been self-educating myself regarding money management. Super excited to be part of this forum.

Comment

• Hey all, I am 32 yo in my final year of radiology residencey. I will be doing my interventional radiology fellowship next year. I came across WCI and bogleheads about 4 years back and have been self-educating myself regarding money management. Super excited to be part of this forum.

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum, @IRadRocks! Looking forward to your contributions to the WCI community.
        Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

• EM attending for 5 years. Wife is NP, now part time after having our first child. Following WCI for past few years. Recently started our own business, testing our skills as entepreneurs. Doing my best (surprisingly difficult) to get colleagues in line with WCI principles.

Comment

• Hello all!  I am Allen - unintentionally-early-retired after selling the software company I created in my wife's dental practice.   We married right out of high school and while I pursued software and technology, she worked in the dental field - assistant, front desk, hygienist, dental school, until we opened her practice over 20 years ago from scratch (all digital and chartless).   Now I am waiting for her to decide when she wants to put down the handpiece - and in the meantime I am looking to correctly invest what we have - provide guidance to my 4 children (one is already an MD and in residence, the next is in year 3 of dental school, other two still finishing undergrad) - as well as anyone else - part of my "pass it on" so others can benefit from what I was forced to experience.

Comment

• I'm Siva.  I am a radiologist in a multispecialty private practice in middle TN.   Love the website and have promoted it to many of my colleagues.

Comment

• Hello all!  I am Allen – unintentionally-early-retired after selling the software company I created in my wife’s dental practice.   We married right out of high school and while I pursued software and technology, she worked in the dental field – assistant, front desk, hygienist, dental school, until we opened her practice over 20 years ago from scratch (all digital and chartless).   Now I am waiting for her to decide when she wants to put down the handpiece – and in the meantime I am looking to correctly invest what we have – provide guidance to my 4 children (one is already an MD and in residence, the next is in year 3 of dental school, other two still finishing undergrad) – as well as anyone else – part of my “pass it on” so others can benefit from what I was forced to experience.

Welcome to the group, Allen - sounds like a nice way to be forced into retirement. Highly recommend you read Simple Wealth, Inevitable Wealth for a practical, plain-English guide to proper investing and behavioral management of your portfolio.

Comment

• I’m Siva.  I am a radiologist in a multispecialty private practice in middle TN.   Love the website and have promoted it to many of my colleagues.

Welcome to the group, neighbor!

Comment

• EM attending for 5 years. Wife is NP, now part time after having our first child. Following WCI for past few years. Recently started our own business, testing our skills as entepreneurs. Doing my best (surprisingly difficult) to get colleagues in line with WCI principles.

Glad to have you here, moops. Is "our" you and your wife? Or you and other doctors?

Comment

• Hey, I'm Abner. A third-year medical student working towards a radiology residency. I have always been interested in personal finance and the freedom that comes with managing your resources in a fiscally responsible way.

Comment

• Hi all, my name's John. I'm an IM intern in Philadelphia and interested in improving my personal finance acumen.

Comment

• Welcome, aema and jmdr - look forward to getting to know you on the forum!

Comment

• Hi everyone. I'm also a radiologist (why are there so many radiologists on this forum? Don't we have studies to read?) who is a big believer in physicians increasing their financial intelligence. I stumbled upon WCI several years ago when doing some research for a friend who was looking into some crappy whole life policy or annuity and have since read everything on the blog at least once. This site should be mandatory reading for physicians.

Instead of rehashing my story here you can read about me on my blog if you are really bored (http://thehappyphilosopher.com/happy-philosopher-the-backstory/).

I love the site and look forward to some good financial discussions in the forums.

Comment

• Hi folks, I'm a Ph.D. faculty member at a medical school. I hope to continue to build my financial literacy by participating in this forum. Though my situation is a little different than for most of my M.D. colleagues, there's enough overlap to have made it worthwhile to read The White Coat Investor.

Comment

• Hello,

I am two years out of EM training an practicing in greater Detroit area...have followed WCI since 2012!  Thanks for all you do Jim!

Comment

Working...
                                X