Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• age 58, female, ER doc.   I intend to be provocative.  No fun otherwise.

Welcome - looks like we have a few things in common.
    Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

• I'm a private practice urologist in Austin, TX. I'm new to both WCI and the forum.

I'm 3.5 years out of residency and found the WCI while trying to research an IUL policy that a "friend" (who's subsequently been fired) sold me. The same "friend" rolled my wife's 401k into an IRA where he sold us loaded mutual funds. Needless to say, I needed some financial education.

Comment

• I’m a private practice urologist in Austin, TX. I’m new to both WCI and the forum.

I’m 3.5 years out of residency and found the WCI while trying to research an IUL policy that a “friend” (who’s subsequently been fired) sold me. The same “friend” rolled my wife’s 401k into an IRA where he sold us loaded mutual funds. Needless to say, I needed some financial education.

Never ceases to amaze me at how friendly the financial services business is.
        Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

• otolaryngologist in the rural south.  late 30s.  found WCI about 6 months ago after several financial mistakes.  but was able to avoid some much bigger mistakes since finding this site!

Comment

• 49 yo Anesthesiologist in PP for 20 years now in Western NY.

Avid Boglehead/WCI/DFA passive investor.

FIRE this year unless my obsession for sports cars and track days push me off another few years. 

Kevin

Comment

• Hello!

I love the blog and the book. I would be lost without these resources. I fear for those who are unaware. Thank you for the work it takes to makes the site go. I hope it never goes away. I am an academic radiologist in the midwest, late 30's, 2 years out of fellowship, married with kids.

Comment

• Hi, nephrologist here in the southeast, late 30's, a few yrs out of training. Blog was a total eye-opener ... made many, many mistakes before I found this site. Another hooray for WCI!

Comment

• Hi everyone. I am an ID attending in Northeast. Been in practice for 10 years. I was completely financially illiterate until I found the WCI website a year ago. Always lived a frugal life but did not know anything about how to save or invest. One year later now both hubby and I max out our 401Ks, we now have three 529s for our kids, paid off the car loan, working on paying off another small loan. Learned about Backdoor Roth, opened one for myself, will open one for hubby this year. It has been an intense year of 'financial enlightenment'. Thanks WCI.

Comment

• Hi everyone. I am an ID attending in Northeast. Been in practice for 10 years. I was completely financially illiterate until I found the WCI website a year ago. Always lived a frugal life but did not know anything about how to save or invest. One year later now both hubby and I max out our 401Ks, we now have three 529s for our kids, paid off the car loan, working on paying off another small loan. Learned about Backdoor Roth, opened one for myself, will open one for hubby this year. It has been an intense year of ‘financial enlightenment’. Thanks WCI.

I'm impressed at what you've accomplished in one year.

Comment

• Thank you Johanna! Still long way to go

Comment

• Hi Ya'll, I am a gastroenterologist in private practice in Texas. I am in my late 30s. Married and have 2 kids. Loved the WCI book--recommend it to all friends.

Comment

• Hello everyone, I'm a FM doc in CA, I'm in my early 40, married with 2 children. I found WCI 6 months ago. I love the WCI book. I have to admit I has not been very good with my money.  I want to thank new friends on the forum for wonderful suggestions about finance issues.

Comment

• Hi All- I'm a dermatologist practicing in the southeast. I'm in my 40s and very glad I found this site recently!

Comment

• Hi! I'm the spouse of a graduating medical student starting residency this summer.  We are late to the game - mid-30's with three kids and a dog. I'll be taking a break from work starting this summer to focus on the kids and figure this a great time to hone in on the more sophisticated details of our finances as well.  I've been reading the WCI blog for a while now, thought I'd join the conversation on the forum!

Comment

• I’ll be taking a break from work starting this summer to focus on the kids and figure this a great time to hone in on the more sophisticated details of our finances as well. I’ve been reading the WCI blog for a while now, thought I’d join the conversation on the forum!

Sounds like a great plan. Welcome to the forum, Latte!

Comment

Working...
                                X