X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing Michael Kitces on the Podcast

I'm recording a podcast with Michael Kitces (Nerds Eye View) soon. What questions would you like me to ask him?

https://www.kitces.com/
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

As someone who’s tossed around whether I’d ever want to work in financial planning, a general question on his experience with doctors who’ve made the transition, what helped them succeed, and why some (if any) were dissatisfied with it would be useful. Specifically, if he has any insight into the personality traits that might make someone a good (or poor) fit for the profession and what experiences a physician can bring to the table with clients.

Great guest. I’ve been listening to XYPN radio lately.

Comment

Bond tent stuff.

Comment

Bond tent stuff.

Like Jeopardy, you'll have to phrase your answers in the form of a question.
        Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Sorry. What is bond tent stuff for 1000.

Comment

A lot of stuff on this forum has made me smile and chuckle.
            A few get a real laugh out loud.
            This interplay was the best yet!

Comment

Ask him why Peds can’t give more than a four word answer to anything.

In all seriousness, I’d be interested to hear his take on the current interest rate environment and the sustainability of dipping rates. Also, what opportunities does this offer to the high income professional from a wealth accumulation standpoint now and moving forward.

Comment

Should the potential passage of the SECURE act change Roth conversion strategy in early retirement before RMDs start?

Is there an amount in traditional retirement accounts that makes doing those Roth conversions a no brainer?

Comment

Wow great podcast guest! Thank you!
                  He did some research on safe withdrawal rates in retirement.
                  I know that using a blind number (for example the 4% rule) is probably overly simplistic and that a smart person remains nimble and agile. My question is: for a doc looking at retirement in 4 years at the age of 50 with a net worth of around 7 M how would he approach it?
                  How would he minimize sequence of returns risk?
                  What asset classes would he recommend ?
                  What variables need consideration as one decides a “safe” amount to withdraw from a portfolio? Where do you pull the money from in a bull and where in a bear?
                  Sorry for the long response, thanks for a great guest!

Comment

Also also: why he ever thought the step doctrine could be avoided by waiting a year on conversion steps and then repeating that yearly for decades was literally not the same thing as converting it the next day.....

Oo sorry tax court, those 10 yearly conversions in a row were totally not on purpose.

Comment

Agree on the step doctrine post.

also would be inetersted in his personal asset allocation

Comment

I heard him on mad FIentis podcast, he is an excellent guest.  I enjoyed his discussion of safe withdrawl rates, but what was more powerful to me was his discussion of how having a very small income instead of retiring was the equivalent of having a significantly larger nest egg etc.  So my question would be if he could expound on this point and give some scenarios.  It could be a good applicable discussion to physicians who want to work less due to burnout etc, or give up clinical duties etc without fully retiring. I think it is very powerful point that many physicians may benefit from.

Thanks

Comment

(have not read the above replies)  Ask him about a potential world of negative bond interest rates.  How likely?  how to navigate?

Comment

"I have read of the very wealthy superfunding 529 plans (even in multiple states) as a way to transfer wealth and also achieve tax protected growth.  I have also heard of 529 plans being used as a tax deferred wealth accumulation vehicle, if the 529 owner will be in a much lower tax bracket in retirement (to overcome the 10% penalty).  Does Mr. Kitces see any changes coming to 529 plans, perhaps due to unintended planning practices around their use, or because they will come to be seen as a benefit only for 'the wealthy?' "

Comment

Also also: why he ever thought the step doctrine could be avoided by waiting a year on conversion steps and then repeating that yearly for decades was literally not the same thing as converting it the next day…..

Oo sorry tax court, those 10 yearly conversions in a row were totally not on purpose.

That one seems kind of mean to ask. I already did my gloating.

Comment

Working...
                              X