X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evanson asset management

Anyone heard of them? My group uses them and we have the option of using them for a fee, or else we can manage finances ourselves. I’m currently invested in mostly index funds. Was wondering if it’s worth just joining the pooled fund. Thanks!

without knowing anything about it, hearing about it, or even googling it: prob not.

Comment

Not a lot to go on there. I found this on their website.
      “Typical fees run from $625 per quarter or $2,500 per year to $2,000 per quarter or $8,000 .”
      Do you need them?

Comment

If you're comfortable taking care of your own finances and investments then anything more than free probably isn't worth it (with the exception of some estate planning).

Comment

There were some references to them on this forum. IIRC they are one of the good ones but my memory could have been foggy.

Comment

Yes, a good firm. I don't think they've ever paid me to advertise with me, but I'd take their money which is more than I can say about 95% of financial advisors.

Similar advisors that I and your fellow white coat investors have actually vetted can be found on my recommended list:

https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/financial-advisors/
            Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

I've used Evanson Asset Management for several years now. They are a very no nonsense, extremely low-cost, fixed fee, DFA and Vanguard leaning financial advisor. Nothing on their website is flashy, but flashy costs money. If you're not one to want to read the information on their website and agree, they are not interested in being your advisor. They are interested in the concepts proven in the academic study of personal finance and investing and are very plain about that. Very nice, very good, very effective.

Comment

Working...
              X