X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evanson Asset Management

New to white coat investor. Two physician family. About to fire our financial advisor and looking for a fee based advisor. Some tech friends have recommended Evanson Asset Management. Anyone use Evanson? Thoughts? Was a little worried about Evanson’s age and long term investment as his philosophy is very much based in academic research and investing for the long haul.

thanks in advance.

https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/fo...set-management

not many with direct experience last time this was asked

sounds like there are far worse advisors out there than Evanson

main question is, do you need them? Maybe yes maybe no. Advice here is free. Ask away.

Comment

Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post

main question is, do you need them? Maybe yes maybe no. Advice here is free. Ask away.
      I can't emphasize this enough.

If you put together a post with your current financial situation and goals you will get a lot of good advice. They say the advice is worth what you pay for it but I think you could get at least a few cents in value here.

Comment

“long term investment as his philosophy is very much based in academic research and investing for the long haul.”
        Whether you use an advisor or not is simply cost and services. If you have a problem or concern with long term investments being invested for the long haul, that might actually be your problem, not the advisors.
        Welcome to the Forum. I would simply suggest it’s in your interest to target long term returns.

Comment

Now is the time to educate yourself, I would take the WCI fire your financial adviser course before going with a new firm. If after that you still don't want to DIY, then at least you will be better equipped on how to pick an adviser.

Comment

Originally posted by Westcoastcatfan View Post
            New to white coat investor. Two physician family. About to fire our financial advisor and looking for a fee based advisor. Some tech friends have recommended Evanson Asset Management. Anyone use Evanson? Thoughts? Was a little worried about Evanson’s age and long term investment as his philosophy is very much based in academic research and investing for the long haul.

thanks in advance.
            Why is age an issue? Are you worried he's senile? Or that he'll retire and you somehow won't know how to find another advisor at that point?
            Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

have you even pulled all your info together?
              https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6212

Comment

I’ve used them for many years, quite happily.
                They designed us a long term, low-cost portfolio using DFA and vanguard.

It has been worth it to my me and my family to have them ensure our rebalancing is accurate.

Could I rebalance and contribute without them? Of course. However, their fees are reasonable and therefore worth the piece of mind.

happy to answer any questions.

best,

bruin

Comment

Originally posted by Bruin View Post
                  It has been worth it to my me and my family to have them ensure our rebalancing is accurate.
                  what does this mean?

Comment

They double check my math.

They keep me disciplined by alerting me when it’s time to rebalance our portfolio.

Best,

bruin

Comment

They double check my math.

They keep me disciplined by alerting me when it’s time to rebalance our portfolio.

Best,

bruin
                      For what % AUM or fee?

Comment

Originally posted by Peds View Post

For what % AUM or fee?
                        Peds will check your math a whole lot cheaper. Math isn’t required to be licensed. Just saying.

Comment

$625 flat fee per quarter. Does not change with portfolio size.
                          best,

bruin

Comment

$625 flat fee per quarter. Does not change with portfolio size.
                            best,

bruin
                            for 2500 i encourage you to set up your own simple excel spreadsheet, check in quarterly, and see if you get the same numbers.
                            re-balancing need only happen at most once per year. make it a happy birthday 2500 gift to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by The White Coat Investor View Post

Why is age an issue? Are you worried he's senile? Or that he'll retire and you somehow won't know how to find another advisor at that point?
                              Not so much senility. More so that his philosophy is very much grounded in his academic economics background and should he retire or pass, that things would fail to follow his plan. He doesn’t seem to have a large group. Very small production yet he manages nearly 5 billion — largely for his flat fee that doesn’t change w portfolio size.

Comment

Working...
                              X