X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatlittlepig View Post

Not necessarily, not enough information was provided in the post to give any advice. If someone is being mistreated I would speak up, I have done this several times in my career. In this situation I don’t know enough about the machinations and operating procedures of private practice medicine to make any sort of judgment.
    some small PP groups have a churn and burn reputation of new grads or early career docs, but hard to tell if that is what is going on here based on info provided. Regardless, the cost of bringing in a new doc is steep and they may not have fully returned that investment if they are kicked out the door in a year or 2, so the finances of this group must be horrible and the partners are at the very least financially incompetent.
    It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy, I'll get a saw.

Comment

The reasonings dont matter. This person could be a terrible employee, it doesnt change the fact this approach is cowardly and very unprofessional.

Comment

It's interesting that people are saying that it's terrible for this partnership/hospital group to so clandestinely let this employee go on a short term notice, but also tell the OP to cover their ****************** and not tell their co-worker because of self preservation.

I would address it with whoever the higher ups are. Tell them you know the information and that it makes you uncomfortable given that you've had enough conversations with the co-worker that it may be more appropriate to give a notice sooner than later. Contractually, 30 days is the minimum, but it could be longer, right?

Basically, if you were in that physicians shoes, what would you prefer?

Comment

I vote for doing nothing, mainly because of the "What if you're wrong?" factor. That seems like a big inference to process from something found at the copier. Even if correctly interpreted, circumstances change. Nothing gained by sticking your neck out.

As OP hasn't checked in the last 24 hours, this may just be a thought exercise.

Comment

Is the OP going to respond?

Comment

Apologies for the delay.

After thinking it over I will do ...................what has served me best in life, avoid/ ignore and keep to myself.

Now why I work here.. that is a complex decision best for my family at this time. I am not defending my group but merely saying I am a cog in the wheel and that is okay for now. I hope, as some of you have wisely, pointed out I am misunderstanding the situation even.

Opening my mouth could only ruin this, trouble people without truth, or be akin to biting the hand that feeds us.

Let's see with COVID ravaging groups I can only wonder if this may change path over next few months. I also will admit after mulling it over I have no clue how this person performs or what they do when we are not ships passing in the dark on occasional days.

Comment

Originally posted by Lithium View Post
                I vote for doing nothing, mainly because of the "What if you're wrong?" factor. That seems like a big inference to process from something found at the copier. Even if correctly interpreted, circumstances change. Nothing gained by sticking your neck out.

As OP hasn't checked in the last 24 hours, this may just be a thought exercise.
                Nothing gained by sticking your neck out.

Has been my philosophy in life so far. Not sure why I suddenly felt troubled. I blame the turmoil of 2020!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod View Post
                  The reasonings dont matter. This person could be a terrible employee, it doesnt change the fact this approach is cowardly and very unprofessional.
                  Very wise. Perhaps most people in power are cowardly and unprofessional. We have to work to get this to change, not just me and my situation but globally speaking.

The whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth! I feel like reading through replies most people say be still and perhaps I mis read information or do not know the half of it. The last two bits are entirely possible.

Comment

Originally posted by billy View Post
                    Also- it may actually be a nice way of "firing" people by the group. Not saying its fair to the employed dr, but in the future- my contract wasnt renewed for financial reasons is much easier to explain than "i got fired and given 90 days" even if they are both for the same reasons. just a thought.. only the OP knows the true culture of the group
                    I liked your reply for making possible sense. They have done this before so it is blamed 2008 or loss of a hospital contract, though I knew it was likely not that? It may seem more kind long term to leave a record unblemished.

Comment

Update, three people were let go including the one that I suspected.

Thankfully I still have a job. ...Once again keeping to myself serves a purpose. I kid I kid.

Comment

Nobody has ever regretted having MrWeenie keep to themselves. I'm glad this case was no different.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWeenie View Post

Thankfully I still have a job. ...Once again keeping to myself serves a purpose. I kid I kid.
                          I am curious, and would like an update on how he finds another job and has to sell his newly bought home. That might be a lesson for some people here who think their jobs are 100% secure.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWeenie View Post

Wow, even worse than you suspected but prob not a huge surprise in the middle of Covid. Just curious, has this given you 2nd thoughts about continuing there?
                            Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Originally posted by jfoxcpacfp View Post

Wow, even worse than you suspected but prob not a huge surprise in the middle of Covid. Just curious, has this given you 2nd thoughts about continuing there?
                              Very good question, it has...

but I’m a firm believer that every individual has to assess their own situation and having seniority makes my position slightly more secure along with the fact that I’ve exceeded performance for the last 5 years. Now, on the other hand, if I do not continue to do that of course I could get fired and that lack of loyalty/security is troubling.

Alas, we learned that Medicine is no different than the corporate world!

Comment

Originally posted by Kamban View Post

I am curious, and would like an update on how he finds another job and has to sell his newly bought home. That might be a lesson for some people here who think their jobs are 100% secure.
                                I have not reached out but I will definitely update if I learn.

...first to come are the first to go and that’s a very good lesson for new physicians looking to purchase a big fat house. That doesn’t mean just first to come is who is the most junior... it means first to come to the group ...

good lessons learned from this group and forum for physician starting their first job!

Comment

Working...
                                X