Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options utilizing prudential

Hey all,

Current EM senior counting down the days to graduation. During residency I have read WCI, Physician on fire, and Bogleheads. I have utilized Vanguard for the last 4 years more or less in a 3/4 fund portfolio (ETF) (IRA) with some intermittent moonlighting money going towards individual stocks (brokerage account).

My new job utilizes Prudential and gives a match. I have reviewed the funds on Prudential and it appears the targeted retirement fund may be my best option. Another reasonable option appears to be the sp500 index. I was just curious as to what others are using on Prudential. Additionally, I was reviewing the prospectus and can't quite figure out the difference in the class shares, mainly which one I would be using. I did try to search for prudential here and didn't find much.

Shares R1-R6
    with expense rations of 1.15-.4%
    https://prospectus-express.broadridg...5&doctype=pros

I guess my current plan would be to take my work supplied match and max it out in the targeted retirement fund then supplement that on vanguard.
    I would end up putting around 25k/yr into my prudential work accounts with match and then 10k/yr into a vanguard brokerage account maintaining a 3/4 fund portfolio with 5ish% play money.

Any thoughts or input is greatly appreciated!

just list the tickers and ER here.
    share class determines fees.
    those prudential tdf are basically trash.

Comment

Yeah I was really less than impressed. The returns don't look great and Im getting charged 1%.... I got spoiled by Vanguard

2055 target fund
      R1: PDKDX R2: PDKEX R3: PDKFX R4: PDKGX R5: PDKHX R6: PDKJX
      1.15% 0.90% 0.75% 0.65% 0.55% 0.40%
      Im sure my hospital is in a class but I don't know which one .

Comment

Retirement savings target should be about 20%.
        You need to try to maximize every tax deferred and tax advantages account before using your taxable. Try to use your voluntary $19.5 and then 6k backdoor roth, before taxable.

Comment

Working...
        X